Upgrade was smooth.    I'm using W8.1, 64bit.

In the layout on the Overview screen, when one hasn't clicked on the top-left menu icon, it's still possible to click on the mini icons down the lefhand side, but hard to know what they do.  I mean... quarantine is possibly meant to look liek something in a cage, but looks to me more like a washing-machine...   Maybe these mini icons should produce tooltips?

The Support screen talks about getting help from the "?" at the top right, but it's no longer there.

Thank-you for - finally - making the About option easier to find, and taking away the problems that clicking on "Emsisoft" could previously cause... but I see one still can't copy the current version number out of the About display.  Now would be a fine time to add that facility!

• Upvote 1

When I right-click on a file that's listed in a BB entry and choose 'Look up online', I get an error box from Firefox which says "Your connection is not secure.  The owner of www.isthisfilesafe.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site."  which is a little discourgaing when one's using a security product!

Is this because  (as by coincidence I asked a day ago in the EAM support forum)  www.isthisfilesafe.com  isn't available?     Even if it is, it would be better not to offer a 'Look up' option that doesn't work....

Hello,

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

1) Scrolling through records in any grid (Logs, BB ...) is not very smooth, it lags a lot.

2) If I go to Scan tab/menu and scroll down, the individual items of the top header menu (Scan now,  Scheduled scans ...) gets underlined except Emergency Kit Maker. Similar visual problem is on the Settings tab. The Permissions menu item gets underlined before it is visible, while the Advanced options section is still on screen.

Martin

Even if it is, it would be better not to offer a 'Look up' option that doesn't work....

Yep, known and we will remove the option in beta2.

Also noticed that if you have BB area open in GUI and then close the GUI and select Host rules from right-click on taskbar option, it just opens the BB.

If you have Surf protection area open in GUI, close it and then select Application rules from taskbar icon right-click it will go to Surf Protection.

I notice that the tooltips are still missing for a couple of items, e.g.

'Suspicious Programs' under Behaviour Blocker

'Only scan files with specific extensions' under File Guard

Maybe this would be a good time to fix these issues as they've existed for quite a while now ?

13 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

In the layout on the Overview screen, when one hasn't clicked on the top-left menu icon, it's still possible to click on the mini icons down the lefhand side, but hard to know what they do.  I mean... quarantine is possibly meant to look liek something in a cage, but looks to me more like a washing-machine...   Maybe these mini icons should produce tooltips?

I agree - they need tooltips - especially as the Settings icon in the sidebar is identical to the Custom Scan icon in the Scan and Clean panel

11 hours ago, Frank H said:

Thanks Martin, we'll fix that menu thing

Thank you Frank, got one more for you :)

When you click the About link in the lower right corner of the Overview screen. In my case the Remote management will be underlined.

12 hours ago, Martin Suchy said:

1) Scrolling through records in any grid (Logs, BB ...) is not very smooth, it lags a lot.

Loading data into the grid affects the whole UI. For example, go to Logs and filter the records by typing something into the Search bar, then delete it, go straight to the Overview screen and move your mouse over the green and blue tabs back and forth. You will see that the hover state (color change) will be very slow.

I also have a suggestion, when filtering records in any grid (Logs, BB, ...) by typing something into the Search bar, you have to then delete what you typed to show all records back again. Would be nice to have some sort of "Clear filter" button or just an "X" symbol at the end of the search bar.

When you click the About link in the lower right corner of the Overview screen. In my case the Remote management will be underlined.

EAm remembers the last subtabs you visited, so in your case it was Remote management. 

But i agree that when you click on 'About' it should open 'About'

5 hours ago, stapp said:

Also noticed that if you have BB area open in GUI and then close the GUI and select Host rules from right-click on taskbar option, it just opens the BB.

If you have Surf protection area open in GUI, close it and then select Application rules from taskbar icon right-click it will go to Surf Protection.

Yep, known. context menu items do not scroll to the correct sections yet.

No.

The big long box to the left of it.

It looks odd because all other boxes in GUI are outlined in blue.

In quarantined objects...

If there are two or more can not be selected together to eliminate, it must be done one by one....

in a detection of many objects it is going to become tedious the elimination!!!

some information for the hungry testers amongst us...

since EAM 2018.8 we offer a Hamburger menu.
When clicked it maximizes the leftside menu and voilà, explicative labels will show up.

In next beta we've added icon tooltips , visible only when the menu is minimized.

73165947_2018-08-3111_43_42-EmsisoftAnti-Malware.thumb.png.4bff70474c999d2fa715195d2e4fcc66.png
Download Image

6 hours ago, onbox said:

In quarantined objects...

If there are two or more can not be selected together to eliminate, it must be done one by one....

in a detection of many objects it is going to become tedious the elimination!!!

known and I hope it will be fixed in the next beta2

Tooltips when minimized is a necessity, good to hear it will be done.

How about removing the settings panel? After all just about everyone knows now that a cog leads to settings, and you  have it on the left side icons anyway.

I think that ''Your computer is protected by Emsisoft Anti Malware ! '' at the top is odd. Why have an exclamation mark?

In fact,why have those words at all when Emsisoft is written on the top of the page anyway (perhaps it's there so old people don't forget what security software they are using)

Also I cannot wait for more defined text, it looks so pale and washed out, as if you couldn't afford the ink.

16 minutes ago, stapp said:

How about removing the settings panel? After all just about everyone knows now that a cog leads to settings, and you  have it on the left side icons anyway.

we then could remove all tiles, as all menu items cover the tiles functionality already.

17 minutes ago, stapp said:

I think that ''Your computer is protected by Emsisoft Anti Malware ! '' at the top is odd. Why have an exclamation mark?

We have removed 'Anti-Malware' from the logo and now moved it to that position, which is more clear.

The exclamation mark has been there for ages (check EAm stable), but yeah, i think we should remove it.

20 minutes ago, stapp said:

Also I cannot wait for more defined text, it looks so pale and washed out, as if you couldn't afford the ink.

Hah, this is the 2018.8 design. we might improve that in future versions though.

I need some help from you guys:

Who has set his screen scaling to 125% or more and has no issue with the EAM 2018.8 beta GUI ?

On some systems we see a completely white GUI with scaling set to 150 or 175%

1908836461_image(19).png.c581899a9f10e7e36c0b2a5068d5326a.png
Download Image

There is a problem with the Log sorting

My log is sorted to show the latest entries at the top (i.e. the default), but the latest entry at the top of the list is 31/08/2018 23:53:47, and all the entries for today (1st September) are at the bottom of the list

3 hours ago, marko said:

There is a problem with the Log sorting

My log is sorted to show the latest entries at the top (i.e. the default), but the latest entry at the top of the list is 31/08/2018 23:53:47, and all the entries for today (1st September) are at the bottom of the list

Confirmed here after boot this morning.

In my logs 1st September comes after 23rd August.

EDIT.. FastBoot disabled.

thanks for the bugreport. the grid sorting issues (more grids were involved) already have been fixed in the upcoming beta2.

cheers