kkay

online armor miniport tv_ConfigMgrErr31

I did a system diagnostics report on my laptop for the first time. I have the paid version of OA. I am using Win7 64bit. I got a message about a Online Armor miniport. I see it on adapters, but it is not in use. I am using a wireless router.

Does anyone know anything about this? Supposedly it is effecting my system performance.

Symptom: Device is not working properly; Windows cannot load the required device drivers.

Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.

Details: The device, OnlineArmor Miniport, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr31". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\NT_OANETMP\0001.

Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.

2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.

3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.

4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager

I did a system diagnostics report on my laptop for the first time. I have the paid version of OA. I am using Win7 64bit. I got a message about a Online Armor miniport. I see it on adapters, but it is not in use. I am using a wireless router.

Does anyone know anything about this? Supposedly it is effecting my system performance.

Symptom: Device is not working properly; Windows cannot load the required device drivers.

Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.

Details: The device, OnlineArmor Miniport, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr31". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\NT_OANETMP\0001.

Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.

2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.

3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.

4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager

Hi kkay.

Can you tell me the name of the system diagnostic software which you ran?

Sure it was Win7 diagnostic software. I did not use a third party software. Go to computer, right click properties, performance information and tools, advanced tools, then you generate a system health report. That is how I found out about the issue.

Sure it was Win7 diagnostic software. I did not use a third party software. Go to computer, right click properties, performance information and tools, advanced tools, then you generate a system health report. That is how I found out about the issue.

I tried the same thing and did not see the error you mentioned.

1) Did you see the error in the "Diagnostic Results" section?

2) Also, please perform the following steps:

a. Bring up a cmd window in Administrator mode. (start -> cmd <ctrl shift enter>).

b. Issue the command "sc query oanet" (without the quotes) and check to see if oanet is running (state : 4 running).

Yes. I do not remember but 3 adapters before. But the Online Armor mini port 157 is showing under Device manager, and it shows an error. Driver Provider TLEM. Driver Date 4-21-09. Driver version 4.5.0.431 Digital Signer Emisoft Software GmbH . This is strange because I do not remember this adapter before. This has come up somehow since I installed a wireless network. I have messed around with the drivers, and updated one. (the wireless one) But the new adapter, and why it would be from OA, that is a mystery.

Yes. I do not remember but 3 adapters before. But the Online Armor mini port 157 is showing under Device manager, and it shows an error. Driver Provider TLEM. Driver Date 4-21-09. Driver version 4.5.0.431 Digital Signer Emisoft Software GmbH . This is strange because I do not remember this adapter before. This has come up somehow since I installed a wireless network. I have messed around with the drivers, and updated one. (the wireless one) But the new adapter, and why it would be from OA, that is a mystery.

When OA is installed on a system, those OA miniports are expected to be installed. It is only a mystery to you, because you have not been aware of them.

Nevertheless, there should not be errors associated with those miniports. I suspect that some errors occurred during OA installation causing those miniport errors. I suggest that you uninstall OA in Windows safe mode to remove those erroneous miniports. Once they are gone, you can reinstall OA.

Also, if you previously installed some other 3rd party firewalls, please make sure that they are completely uninstalled prior to any OA installations.

But the Online Armor mini port 157 is showing under Device manager, and it shows and error. Driver Provider TLEM. Driver Date 4-21-09. Driver version 4.5.0.431 Digital Signer Emisoft Software GmbH . This is strange because I do not remember this adapter before. This has come up somehow since I installed a wireless network. I have messed around with the drivers, and updated one. (the wireless one)

Just for reference, there's a thread here http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=14265 on the old forum where someone else reports a similar thing. Another one here http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=14402 although it's not clear whether the problem corresponded with first time use of a wireless network in this thread.

Oh no. I have to take OA off? I can't just go in safe mode and delete that adapter? It would not be bad, but the firewall is open for a bit, and I hate that, I feel very unsecured when my firewall is open while the OA runs the safety check. Then you have to accept a ton of stuff all over again. If I must do it, fine. Thank you. This is disappointing news. I am going to have to find my key and password or whatever.

Just for reference, there's a thread here http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=14265 on the old forum where someone else reports a similar thing. Another one here http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=14402 although it's not clear whether the problem corresponded with first time use of a wireless network in this thread.

It seems that this may very well have to do with wireless settings, or networking to me. I changed router settings yesterday. I feel sure this is probably what made it happen. What I don't get is why would OA have a network adapter, or miniport adapter in the first place? I would of thought the firewall controlled traffic in and out via the LAN adapter or the Wireless Adapter, and not try to make a new adapter out of thin air.

Just as an added note. I have OA free on the desktop that is Win XP. This is not showing a OA adapter at all. The problem is only with the Win7 64 bit computer that is running OA paid. I have not checked my daughter's laptop yet. She also has Win7 64 bit, but she does not have OA on it all. I was going to put OA free on her computer, but she just wants Windows firewall. (for now) She does not do any purchasing on her computer though. I would get OA paid on all 3, but it is too expensive for me to have AV on all, plus OA too.

It would not be bad, but the firewall is open for a bit, and I hate that, I feel very unsecured when my firewall is open while the OA runs the safety check. Then you have to accept a ton of stuff all over again.

You could take a backup via Backup/Restore first and save it to your desktop. Then when you reinstall (after uninstalling and rebooting twice), when it gets the Safety Check Wizard, there is a button you can click to Restore your settings from a backup which means that you don't have to go through the Safety Check Wizard.

What I don't get is why would OA have a network adapter, or miniport adapter in the first place? I would of thought the firewall controlled traffic in and out via the LAN adapter or the Wireless Adapter, and not try to make a new adapter out of thin air.

Firewalls need to install these adapters as part of their installation. They are hardware drivers for the software :)

You could take a backup via Backup/Restore first and save it to your desktop. Then when you reinstall (after uninstalling and rebooting twice), when it gets the Safety Check Wizard, there is a button you can click to Restore your settings from a backup which means that you don't have to go through the Safety Check Wizard.

Firewalls need to install these adapters as part of their installation. They are hardware drivers for the software :)

Ah, thanks for that info. Now how do I do a backup/restore on OA? I looked at the OA, but could not see how to do that.

catprincess, that is so handy to have, THANK YOU!!! I will find my key and password to do this now. Thank you so much. You have always been a life safer to me!

I see I bought the latest subscription for two years on Nov 18, 2010. However it shows the Pay Pal payment, and transaction ID. I do not show a new license key that was sent. I have the license key from 2009, so I am wondering if this is the same key, or not. Would you happen to know if it is the same key as then? I could try the old key, and if it doesn't work I could contact Emisoft. But I don't want to be without OA during this process. Is there a number to call on this?

It depends if you renewed your existing license or bought a new one. To see your current license details though, right click the OA icon and choose "Open User Area". Your key will be listed there and you can copy and paste it to a document for safe keeping :)

It depends if you renewed your existing license or bought a new one. To see your current license details though, right click the OA icon and choose "Open User Area". Your key will be listed there and you can copy and paste it to a document for safe keeping :)

Thank you. I went to do that and I have forgotten my password. It is always something isn't it. I am waiting on OA to send it to my email. :-0

22 minutes later and I still don't have it. I guess OA is busy today. :-)

Thank you. I went to do that and I have forgotten my password. It is always something isn't it. I am waiting on OA to send it to my email. :-0

22 minutes later and I still don't have it. I guess OA is busy today. :-)

It may be a while. I still don't have it. I sent a request to OA/Emisoft for help.

You should be able to open the User Area from OA's menu without entering a user name and password unless your key wasn't registered in the user area perhaps.

When you ask for your password to be emailed to you, are you entering the same email you used when you purchased?

I have had the same email for years. So it is the same email. I still have not gotten the password reminder. I think I just went to the website and paid for it there. It was for two years. That is why I think since I saw no password, that is was the same one. But if it isn't, I will be up a creek until they finally get back to me with my key, or the password reminder...sigh.

Did you try logging in to the User Area with that email address and the password you think it is? If it works you can view your license details there, if not, you haven't lost anything by trying in the meantime :)

Yes I did try that, but thank you for the suggestion. I still have not heard back and this is very frustrating. The good news is I actually got an email notification of your message. It's not working everytime, but it works sometime...and that is better than nothing. :)

:blink: Still nothing. I was going to call them today. But I see their office is out of the country, and I do not see an American phone number to call about problems like this.

I'm not sure what method you used to contact Emsisoft, but you could try the Customer Center (you have sign up for it) here http://cc.emsisoft.com/en/support

It seems likely though that your key is the same one you have a record of, if you have no record of another key. Probably you renewed your existing license which means you keep the same key. It would only be if you purchased a whole new license that you'd receive a different key.

I'm not sure what method you used to contact Emsisoft, but you could try the Customer Center (you have sign up for it) here http://cc.emsisoft.com/en/support

It seems likely though that your key is the same one you have a record of, if you have no record of another key. Probably you renewed your existing license which means you keep the same key. It would only be if you purchased a whole new license that you'd receive a different key.

This is how I contacted. (yesterday) I asked for password to be sent about 3 times now via the Open User Area log in. Still no answer.

http://www.online-armor.com/contact.php

I tried the link you gave me. It asked for a password. I gave the same password I used on this forum, and the old one...it doesn't recognize me. I guess I will try forgot password on that one too, just for the heck of it. Thanks for trying to help me.

addition...

I used the place you sent me to get my password sent to me, it says I don't exist. I gave my email, it didn't recognize it. Then I sent my username on OA and Emisoft, it says I don't exist. This is very weird.

I just sent an email to [email protected] for help now. Good grief.

You need to click the "Sign up now" link at the Customer Center as you wouldn't already have an account there :)

Is that the OA or the Emisoft?

Taking into account the fact that you sometimes don't receive notifications for subscribed threads here and that you never received the "forgot password" emails (I note that you also had this same problem with the forgotten password not being sent in a previous thread on the other forum) and the fact that you have said your ISP blocked emails from another site before, it seems quite likely that this could be what is happening here also unfortunately :(

Hopefully someone from Emsi can sort this out for you (and check what is going on with your user area account also) via the forum since you seem to be able to access that at least :) It may not be until after the weekend now though. If you want to get on with the reinstall before then, I'd just go ahead and use the key you have (it's really very likely that this is still your current key) and if it has expired OA will convert to the free version and you can later enter your paid GUI via the GUI to convert it back to Premium :)

I finally got an answer this morning. They just sent me a password. When I went to view licenses, it only shows the last two I have had. It does not show the current one I am on now. When I check on it, via configuration it says it expires in 707 days. (once you connect the about button) I am going to reread what you said. I am thankful for your help. I have been getting Emisoft email now, well almost all of it. for the past couple of days.

So I am wondering with the mini port issue, does this mean OA cannot do it's full job right now? If not, I guess it is better to uninstsall, reinstall, and put my old number in. If the current number is not the old number they are going to have to send me a new license key I guess. I have the email showing that I paid, and it was on the 18th of November. This is very strange indeed.

Kelly

Taking into account the fact that you sometimes don't receive notifications for subscribed threads here and that you never received the "forgot password" emails (I note that you also had this same problem with the forgotten password not being sent in a previous thread on the other forum) and the fact that you have said your ISP blocked emails from another site before, it seems quite likely that this could be what is happening here also unfortunately :(

Hopefully someone from Emsi can sort this out for you (and check what is going on with your user area account also) via the forum since you seem to be able to access that at least :) It may not be until after the weekend now though. If you want to get on with the reinstall before then, I'd just go ahead and use the key you have (it's really very likely that this is still your current key) and if it has expired OA will convert to the free version and you can later enter your paid GUI via the GUI to convert it back to Premium :)

Now that you have access to the User Area, I would check the expiration dates like I mentioned before proceeding with anything. You should be able to see from here whether the listed keys are still current or have expired.

It just shows the dates, and when they expired. First installed dates, and update expiration. It does not show that I have a working license on that page. As I said, I know I do. It shows I have 707 days left. I bought this license on Nov 18th. I am thinking that it is the same license since I did not keep a new license, or they never sent it, and I still used the same number. Regardless I have the email saved that shows I paid for it, from Pay Pal.

I guess I should say maybe they sent it, but I never received it. I did not get a notification this time from the forum again that you replied, but I have most of the others from this thread. I have an open customer support request, and I replied to it this morning, but no reply back yet. I am wondering if the firewall is working correctly with the mini port issue. I am afraid to go on Ebay or Pay Pal, or anything like it right now.

You'd only have received a new key if you bought a new license instead of renewed your existing one. Without knowing what options you may have made when you purchased this time, I don't really want to suggest other things you could try as it could only make the issue worse.

I think this is something that is going to have to be dealt with through their customer center where you have a open support request as only someone from Emsi who has access to purchase details is likely to be able to determine whether you renewed an existing license or purchased a new license and therefore know what the next step for you should be :)

Glad to hear you have your license issue sorted out now, Kelly :) Don't forget to reboot twice after uninstalling to make sure the drivers are removed properly and when installing allow the TLEM network drivers to install if you get a prompt about them.

Uninstalled, and reinstalled, the mini port is still there. :(

I am replying to the open support ticket I have, to see what to do. If anyone knows here what to do, that would be good too. I am not sure at this point if OA is secure or not, and that is a bit nerve wracking.

The first time, no. It just rebooted after uninstall. Today I uninstalled, rebooted, checked to see if the mini port was still there, it was. I rebooted again. Still there. I hit uninstall the adapter itself, nothing. I hit uninstall adapter again. It did not go away. I then rebooted again. It was still there. So I reinstalled OA again. It is still there. :mellow:

The first time, no. It just rebooted after uninstall. Today I uninstalled, rebooted, checked to see if the mini port was still there, it was. I rebooted again. Still there. I hit uninstall the adapter itself, nothing. I hit uninstall adapter again. It did not go away. I then rebooted again. It was still there. So I reinstalled OA again. It is still there. :mellow:

Hi Kelly.

When OA is installed on your system, the OA miniports are expected to be there. But, they should not be in any erroneous states. Once for whatever reasons they are in some sort of error states, they can be difficult to remove. Hopefully, you can remove them by one of the following methods:

1) If possible, you do a Windows system restore back to a system backup snapshot prior to OA installation. Once you determine that the OA miniports are gone, you can reinstalled OA again.

2) In Windows safe mode, reinstall OA, uninstall OA, and reboot twice. Once you determine that the OA miniports are gone, you can reinstall OA again after a regular system boot.

I hope I don't have to do a system restore. I have been talking to the OA support via a ticket, and I get an average of one message a day. It is ridiculous. I will try to remove in safe mode. I cannot believe that putting a wireless network on caused this problem for me from the firewall. Even the XP went through it with flying colors. I cannot trust the OA, and now I am getting aggravated because this has been going on for a few days, and I am very unsure if my firewall is working. The tech asked if 4 OA programs were running in the taskbar earlier. I said only two of them were. No reply, and that was hours ago. If I do a system restore, all the stuff I did to get this computer up right, and wireless network will be gone. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get this right. I did a total factory settings rework job not long ago. (2-3 weeks ago) Well thanks for trying to help me. :unsure:

I hope I don't have to do a system restore. I have been talking to the OA support via a ticket, and I get an average of one message a day. It is ridiculous. I will try to remove in safe mode. I cannot believe that putting a wireless network on caused this problem for me from the firewall. Even the XP went through it with flying colors. I cannot trust the OA, and now I am getting aggravated because this has been going on for a few days, and I am very unsure if my firewall is working. The tech asked if 4 OA programs were running in the taskbar earlier. I said only two of them were. No reply, and that was hours ago. If I do a system restore, all the stuff I did to get this computer up right, and wireless network will be gone. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get this right. I did a total factory settings rework job not long ago. (2-3 weeks ago) Well thanks for trying to help me. :unsure:

Hi Kelly. I only suggested two options which I knew would likely resolve the problem. I agree with you that the safe mode option is more appropriate for you.

Well I did option 2, and it did not work. For the time being I am on the Windows Firewall. No sense reinstalling OA if the dang mini port is still there. I tried to take it (adapter) off twice in safe mode, it would not let me. I have not heard back on that OA support ticket either. System Restore may not get it, and I may go through a bunch of trouble for nothing. If that is my last option, I guess I could try it, but I would almost rather got to windows firewall that go back and have to redo all my stuff. That stinks because I just paid for two years of OA. This is my 3rd license under OA. :rolleyes:

Well I did option 2, and it did not work. For the time being I am on the Windows Firewall. No sense reinstalling OA if the dang mini port is still there. I tried to take it (adapter) off twice in safe mode, it would not let me. I have not heard back on that OA support ticket either. System Restore may not get it, and I may go through a bunch of trouble for nothing. If that is my last option, I guess I could try it, but I would almost rather got to windows firewall that go back and have to redo all my stuff. That stinks because I just paid for two years of OA. This is my 3rd license under OA. :rolleyes:

Kelly, did you reinstall OA and uninstall it to remove the miniports in safe mode? If you uninstall the miniport devices yourself in safe mode, it would not work. You have a better chance of OA removing them during OA uninstallation in safe mode.