kkay

online armor miniport tv_ConfigMgrErr31

Kelly, did you reinstall OA and uninstall it to remove the miniports? If you uninstall the miniport devices in safe mode, it would not work. You have a better chance of OA removing them during OA uninstallation.

I uninstalled and reinstalled in safe mode. When I saw it didn't delete the adapter, I tried to uninstall it in safe mode too. I had already tried numerous times to uninstall it in regular mode. I rebooted twice. I then tried to uninstall the mini port adapter once I restarted again. Still no luck. So I just put on the windows firewall. I am not up for a system restore today. I am going to have to think if it is worth it for me to do that or not. I have never had so much trouble with OA before. Maybe this didn't happen when I installed the wireless network. I just noticed it after doing that work. I don't think I saw the mini port previous to that time frame. I can't understand why removing in safe mode did not work with the uninstall. I just realized I did a Windows uninstall with add/remove programs. I will reinstall and uninstall in safe mode, and try the OA uninstall. Maybe that will do it. I just now thought of it, that is IF there is a OA uninstall from start, programs, OA.

Hi kkay,

Sorry you're having problems with OA.

As I understand you have that miniport even though OA is uninstalled.

Could you please send me screenshots of the device manager and this miniport's properties windows

to oasupport (at) emsisoft (dot) com with the link to this thread in the message somwhere?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

I uninstalled and reinstalled in safe mode. When I saw it didn't delete the adapter, I tried to uninstall it in safe mode too. I had already tried numerous times to uninstall it in regular mode. I rebooted twice. I then tried to uninstall the mini port adapter once I restarted again. Still no luck. So I just put on the windows firewall. I am not up for a system restore today. I am going to have to think if it is worth it for me to do that or not. I have never had so much trouble with OA before. Maybe this didn't happen when I installed the wireless network. I just noticed it after doing that work. I don't think I saw the mini port previous to that time frame. I can't understand why removing in safe mode did not work with the uninstall. I just realized I did a Windows uninstall with add/remove programs. I will reinstall and uninstall in safe mode, and try the OA uninstall. Maybe that will do it. I just now thought of it, that is IF there is a OA uninstall from start, programs, OA.

Well, I tried it and that didn't work either.

Hi kkay,

Sorry you're having problems with OA.

As I understand you have that miniport even though OA is uninstalled.

Could you please send me screenshots of the device manager and this miniport's properties windows

to oasupport (at) emsisoft (dot) com with the link to this thread in the message somwhere?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

I sure will. I will do that now.

Alright, I sent the screen shots to you, at the email address you said to. You should have them any moment. I attached the screen shots, there are two of them.

Thanks, Kelly

Alright, I sent the screen shots to you, at the email address you said to. You should have them any moment. I attached the screen shots, there are two of them.

Thanks, Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Looks like something happened to your email - I did not receive it.

Could you please just post these screenshots here?:)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

Hi Kelly,

Looks like something happened to your email - I did not receive it.

Could you please just post these screenshots here?:)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

I don't know what the deal is. Many times I do not get email notifications from Emisoft. My isp is AT&T.

EDIT: Images removed as per poster's request.

update: This occurred on the 7th of December. Today is the 20th. This still has not been settled. My computer was set to factory settings on the 18th of November. I am hearing that this might be a registry issue. Just for the record, I do not use any registry editing software for this computer. Hopefully if it is a registry error, I can be told how to manually fix it, if nothing else. I will await an official answer.

Hi,

Greetings from sweden, running free version of OA

Have same problem (or same error report however). Annoying cause error message and windows solution message pops up 5 times before cpu is ready to use..

On startup I get the message that OA Miniport is missing:

1. Verify the correct driver is installed.

2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.

3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.

4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager

Can´t remember that I messed around with my cpu, installing stufff and so on, but perhaps I did some kind of gadget installation...

--------

Well, I read the answer in post #46 and the last post #50.

Please just verify if the solution is to uninstall and reinstall OA, in safe mode. And please give me a little further instructions on how to do that. I know start up in safe mode, but should I first of all download latest version of OA and leave it on my desktop? Any special things I should think of? I have pretty good skills but please give me some hints if necessary.

Cheers

/ownedbymoomin