JeremyNicoll

CLOSED New non-beta release just released?

I'm confused by Christian's announcement a few minutes ago that the new GUI layout version of EAM has just been released... but with betas coming thick and fast, how on earth have you managed to choose a level of functionality that isn't already known to have problems?

What build level is the new stable version?

some options do not come out in Spanish

In protection area appear:

- Behavior blocker - File guard - Surf protection

In principal GUI appear:

- DETECTED SO FAR - SETTINGS / SECURITY SETTINGS & NOTIFICATIONS 

- Your licence end in

- About

the rest if it is translated into Spanish

1.thumb.png.5e13e392cf070b50a0b1731490b782d7.png
Download Image2.thumb.png.810e74831bd7013bc0d970ed6c3606ef.png
Download Image

34 minutes ago, onbox said:

some options do not come out in Spanish

Those are recently changed strings and you just have to wait for the author of the translation to update the language file. If it is made in-house, it should be updated soon with other languages. You can also check the current state of the translation here http://tasks.emsisoft.com/a2/translationstats/default.aspx?lng=es-es.lng

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Martin Suchy said:

Those are recently changed strings and you just have to wait for the author of the translation to update the language file. If it is made in-house, it should be updated soon with other languages. You can also check the current state of the translation here http://tasks.emsisoft.com/a2/translationstats/default.aspx?lng=es-es.lng

Thank you so much!!!!

1 hour ago, JeremyNicoll said:

So... in what sense was it a beta, if a nanosecond later it's declared stable?

Our release cycle is always like that. When a beta reaches our expected level of quality it becomes a stable build. Beta 4 in particular was just a minor cosmetic change from Beta 3, so our internal tests went through quite quickly. 

• Upvote 1

But the last few days' worth of betas have shown quite a few problems.  Did those imperfect releases also satisfy all your internal tests before we got to play with them?  

Beta4 is also the version that - hopefully - fixes the crash that lots of us saw recently.  You must have been very sure that it really was fixed.

What's the point of releasing a new beta and not even waiting an hour to see if any of us have any comments on it?   In the UK at least, the announcement about the beta appeared at 6.31pm and your new-stable-version announcement at 7.07pm.   Across Europe lots of people will have been engaged in their evening meal around then... not testing stuff at their computers.

Why didn't you wait another day?

20 hours ago, Christian Mairoll said:

Our release cycle is always like that. When a beta reaches our expected level of quality it becomes a stable build. Beta 4 in particular was just a minor cosmetic change from Beta 3, so our internal tests went through quite quickly. 

We've released EAM 2018.8.0.8910 beta4.

Fixes/improvements

• Crash on Custom scan link

The crash issue was pretty obvious and easily fixed.
The rest of the known beta issues were fixed too, so we were ready for release.

2 hours ago, Frank H said:

The crash issue was pretty obvious and easily fixed.
The rest of the known beta issues were fixed too, so we were ready for release.

EMSISOFT SPANISH

my contribution to the translation of Spanish

[Surf Protection Settings] chkSurfProtection=Protección de navegación
[Security Center] miHelp=Ayuda
[Security Center] miAbout=Acerca de este software
[frmOverviewPage] msgSecSett=CONFIGURACIONES DE SEGURIDAD Y NOTIFICACIONES
[frmOverviewPage] msgRecommendedReadings=Lectura de seguridad recomendada
[frmOverviewPage] labDetectedSoFar=DETECTADO HASTA AHORA
[frmOverviewPage] emtScan=Escanear y limpiar
[frmOverviewPage] labEndsIn=termina en
[frmOverviewPage] labAbout=Acerca de
[frmOverviewPage] labYourLic=Su licencia
[frmOverviewPage] emtSettings=Configuraciones
[Settings Page] labFactoryDefaults=Valores de Fábrica:
[About Common] labThirdPartyCopyright=Licencias de componentes de terceros: zlib, open-vcdiff, OpenSSL
[About Common] labSciterCopyright=Esta aplicación usa , copyright Terra Informatica Software, Inc.
[Forensics] msgFA6X_HasBeenShown=ha sido mostrado
[Forensics] msgFA61_ErrorOther=Otro error
[Forensics] msgForensicsAction152=No escanear en modo silencioso
[Quarantine Frame] labQuarantineGroupTitle=Cuarentena
[frmScanPage] msgHowToSchedule1=Use escaneos programados para verificar si su computadora tiene infecciones a intervalos recurrentes, ej. cada viernes después del trabajo cuando se ejecuta inactivo. Estos escaneos no requieren su asistencia.
[frmScanPage] msgHowToSchedule2=Nota: Si la computadora no se enciende a la hora especificada, la exploración programada se ejecutará cuando se encienda, a menos que haya transcurrido más de un tercio del tiempo hasta el próximo intervalo.
[frmProtectionPage] labFileGuard=Protección de archivos
[frmProtectionPage] labBehaviorBlocker=Bloqueador de comportamiento
[frmProtectionPage] labSurfProtection=Protección de navegación
[frmProtectionPage] btnEditExtensions=Editar extensiones
[SciterCommon] msgOn=ON
[SciterCommon] msgOff=OFF

18 minutes ago, onbox said:

EMSISOFT SPANISH

my contribution to the translation of Spanish

Hi onbox,

the Spanish translation is not maintained by Emsisoft (if I am not mistaken), so it might be better to contact the author directly. If you go to "C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\Languages\" and open the es-es.lng in Notepad, you will find the author's email address at the top of the file in [languageinfo] section. You can then email him/her the update.

Sorry for not posting the email address directly here, but I don't want to violate any privacy rules.

13 minutes ago, Martin Suchy said:

Hi onbox,

the Spanish translation is not maintained by Emsisoft (if I am not mistaken), so it might be better to contact the author directly. If you go to "C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\Languages\" and open the es-es.lng in Notepad, you will find the author's email address at the top of the file in [languageinfo] section. You can then email him/her the update.

Sorry for not posting the email address directly here, but I don't want to violate any privacy rules.

I found the person's email, I already sent the translation to him...

Thanks Martín!!!