Siddharth

Resolution issues with the latest update

Hello 

Just wanted to let you know that I have a laptop with a 4K resolution and everything seemed to work fine with Emsisoft till this update. When Emsisoft gets updated and I get the notification that it has been on the right hand side of the screen, it is hardly readable. It is so small :( Can you please fix these issues?

Thank you,

Sid

Also blank white screen here.  Acer netbook with Win7 home basic.  I reinstalled and the "security center" window still comes up blank.  Obviously I can't do any settings whatsoever.

These issues should be resolved in the latest beta version:
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/32003/emsisoft-anti-malware-2018-8-beta-5/

Here's how to try it:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Updates section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the box to the right of where it says Update feed, and select Beta from the list.
  6. Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock).
  7. Select Update now from the list.

Thanks for the quick update. Unfortunately I can't do any of that with the blank window that I'm getting. Is there a place I can download the beta and install it from scratch?

Download the following skin.ini file and save it somewhere easy to find (most downloaded files are saved in your Downloads folder by default):
https://www.gt500.org/emsisoft/feeds/beta/skin.ini

Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock), and select Shut down protection to shut down Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Copy the skin.ini file (Windows will hide .ini in the file name by default, so it will probably just be called skin) to the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder, and overwrite the one that is already there. The Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder should be in the following location:

• C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the Start Menu, or in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you can hold down the Windows logo key and press S to search for it. Once it's open and protection is active, you can right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen again, and select Update now to check for updates. Close the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window right after selecting "Update now", and it will automatically restart itself once the update is done. A notification will be displayed to let you know the update has been installed.

Important: Following the above instructions to force Emsisoft Anti-Malware to use the Beta update feed will prevent you from switching back to the Stable update feed in the settings. You can fix this by replacing the skin.ini file in the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder with the one at the link below:
https://www.gt500.org/emsisoft/feeds/none/skin.ini

Note that if you want to stay on the Beta update feed be sure to check the settings in Emsisoft Anti-Malware to ensure that it didn't switch back to Stable

• Upvote 1

Looks like I still have the issue on my Lenovo X1 Tablet 3rd Gen (3000x2000) 200% scaling.

The flyout after a update is small and cramped. I'll see if I can get a screenshot of it.
EAM: 2018.8.1.8923
System is updated en rebooted a day ago.

@maniac2003 what version of Windows did you encounter this on? 32-bit or 64-bit?

I was able to get close to that resolution in a Virtual Machine, although I couldn't get it exactly 3000x2000 (had to try to drag the VMware Workstation window to the right size on a 1080p monitor using NVIDIA DSR to force the output to 4K) :

image.png
Download Image

Windows 10 Pro x64 (fully updated)

Meanwhile I got a message from Frank H. that the fix for my issue (notifications and alerts) is different from the Retina resolution issue.

I'll keep you posted and when I'm able to take a screenshot of the issue I will post it here.

You were referring to the notifications rather than the main Emsisoft Anti-Malware interface? If so, then please note that they have yet to be updated to scale properly at higher DPI settings.