Open settings.

Start at Exclusions.

Scroll down and see the blue line at the top underline each setting as you scroll down.

Remote Management never gets underlined in blue even when you are in the Remote Management setting.

Or is this another 'by design' feature ?

4 hours ago, stapp said:

Open settings.

Start at Exclusions.

Scroll down and see the blue line at the top underline each setting as you scroll down.

Remote Management never gets underlined in blue even when you are in the Remote Management setting.

Or is this another 'by design' feature ?

This can happen because the trigger to set the underline under a section, is never fired most probably.
We'll fix that.

It's interesting that the blue line does disappear from under 'Advanced', at least for me.  Do you have separate triggers for taking it away and bringing it back?

Log filtering is still not working properly in 8923

As an example, if you type Scan in the Search box, it correctly shows just these entries containing 'Scan'

If you then press the backspace delete key 4 times (to delete the word Scan), the log is only partially repopulated (the latest entries in the log are not displayed).

You have to press the backspace delete key a 5th time to get the full log to be displayed

The same thing seems to happen with any other string (e.g. if you enter the 8 character word Shutdown, you need to press the backspace delete key 9 times to fully clear it)

Edited by marko
typo

I'm not (I think) seeing marko's log filtering problem, though using his example of typing in "Scan" there's a 2-3 second delay before the subset is displayed with no partial display at all, and as I backspace-out the "n" and "a" the display is completely blank while it decides what to show next.  When I then backspace-out the "c" the display is populated faster but then changes once or twice (as evidenced by the size of the vertical scroll blob shrinking).  Again when I take out the remaining "s" the initial display is fast but it gets refined a couple of times.

I'm using a lightly loaded core i7 laptop (Process Hacker shows 8 'cpus') running at speeds between 2.4 and 3 GHz.  

Does anyone see more or less instant log filtering?   If so, does it require a much faster machine?

that's interesting Jeremy - having checked again, if I backspace delete each individual character slowly, it seems to populate as expected, but if I delete the characters quite quickly (like I would in real life), then I'm seeing the same problem as mentioned in my post above

so it maybe it is processor related ?

Hmm, trying again... if I take out the filter word in one fast set of backspaces (just letting that key auto-repeat) I /do/ see the displayed list not stabilise until I press one final more backspace.  I wonder if backspace held down stores lots and lots of backspaces in a buffer somewhere and they all get serviced rather than those after the filter field is empty just being ignored?  Though if that's so, it doesn't make sense that one more would have any effect.

If (instead of using backspace) I highlight the word 'scan' then press backspace (or delete) to completely remove the filter value in one keypress, the display shows everything after one or two refinements, and doesn't seem to change if I then press backspace again.

It'd be a lot easier being sure if the display also showed eg: number of hits/total number of records, eg "6/203" or "6 records shown from a total of 203" or something...

27 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

If (instead of using backspace) I highlight the word 'scan' then press backspace (or delete) to completely remove the filter value in one keypress, the display shows everything after one or two refinements, and doesn't seem to change if I then press backspace again.

yes, I'd noticed that but didn't mention it as it works as expected

31 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

It'd be a lot easier being sure if the display also showed eg: number of hits/total number of records, eg "6/203" or "6 records shown from a total of 203" or something... 

yes it would, as it would if it worked as properly :)

File Guard

Scan level

Information button.

For  info on Thorough and Paranoid scans it uses the word 'occasions' instead of 'locations'.

5 hours ago, stapp said:

File Guard

Scan level

Information button.

For  info on Thorough and Paranoid scans it uses the word 'occasions' instead of 'locations'.

thanks stapp, current tooltip text is OK, as EAM does scan at more occasions (events).

The tooltip text isn't in good English though.    If you changed

"Slightly slower, scans files and programs at more occasions."       &   "Very slow, scans files at all thinkable occasions."

to

"Slightly slower, scans files and programs a little more often."          &   "Very slow, scans files whenever they are used."

both texts would read better.

Hello Frank,

are there any plans to make the UI more accessible for people with disabilities? As for now, if you use the Tab key, there is no visual indication where you are or what is selected. Also there are only three or four items that can be selected with the Tab key, but you still don't know what is selected. I do not use screenreader so I can't tell if it would read any of those few selecteble items.

5 minutes ago, Martin Suchy said:

Hello Frank,

are there any plans to make the UI more accessible for people with disabilities? As for now, if you use the Tab key, there is no visual indication where you are or what is selected. Also there are only three or four items that can be selected with the Tab key, but you still don't know what is selected. I do not use screenreader so I can't tell if it would read any of those few selecteble items.

Hi Martin, 

yes we will, adding tab stops will be a first step. screen readers can read our controls, but tabstops are really required.

4 hours ago, Frank H said:

thanks stapp, current tooltip text is OK, as EAM does scan at more occasions (events).

Sorry Frank it is not OK.

The way the tooltips are written in English at the moment the correct word is locations.

11 hours ago, Frank H said:

we then need to reword them, as the context is not about locations but about events or occasions.

Do you mean something like this ?

-Default: Best speed, good detection of malware (recommended)

-Thorough: Slightly slower, triggers file scans of most events.

-Paranoid: Very slow, triggers files scans of all events.

• Like 1