slopes

IE11

Microsoft does still provide security updates for it, however I wouldn't consider it to be as safe as other browsers. Microsoft isn't adding new features to it, and that includes security features. They're just fixing security bugs, and that's it.

In addition, you can't use uBlock Origin with Internet Explorer. The only adblocker that appears to still support Internet Explorer is Adblock Plus.

If Chrome is crashing, then you may want to disable or remove all of your extensions and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, then turn them back on (or reinstall them) one at a time, giving yourself plenty of time to make sure that Chrome is OK before re-enabling/reinstalling the next, and that should help you figure out which extension is causing the issue.

If an extension isn't the issue, then Chrome may need to be reset back to its default settings.

9 minutes ago, GT500 said:

If Chrome is crashing, then you may want to disable or remove all of your extensions and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, then turn them back on (or reinstall them) one at a time, giving yourself plenty of time to make sure that Chrome is OK before re-enabling/reinstalling the next, and that should help you figure out which extension is causing the issue.

If an extension isn't the issue, then Chrome may need to be reset back to its default settings.

I couldn't get chrome to open at all.I am pretty sure it was a result of a power failure as it happened right after."windows was not shut down correctly" I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it.Been using opera but will try chrome again and see what happenes

Thanks again gt

If you hold down the Windows logo key and tap R to open the Run dialog, and then paste the following into the field and click OK, it will open the folder where settings for Google applications are stored:

%LocalAppData%\Google

Simply rename the Chrome folder, and then when you reinstall Google Chrome you should get a completely fresh profile, while still having a backup of your old Chrome profile in case there's anything in there you want to try to recover.

In theory you can also do this when Google Chrome is installed in order to reset your Chrome profile, however if you allowed Chrome to install in %LocalAppData% (usually something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome) then you will also be deleting your entire Chrome installation.