max2

Latest update blocks two websites for me :(

Try the following, and let me know if that helps:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on Protection.
  3. Click on Surf Protection in the menu at the top.
  4. Make sure that the option Hide built in list is not selected (located to the right of the search field).
  5. Search for the website that is being blocked.

If you find it and it's a custom rule  (these say "My own" under "Category"), then you can click on it once to select it, and then click the Remove rule button in the lower-right. If you want to edit the rule to change whether or not it is blocked, then just double-click on the website address in the list you want to edit, change the Implemented action to Don't block, and click OK to save it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Try the following, and let me know if that helps:

2. Click on Protection.
  3. Click on Surf Protection in the menu at the top.
  4. Make sure that the option Hide built in list is not selected (located to the right of the search field).
  5. Search for the website that is being blocked.

If you find it and it's a custom rule  (these say "My own" under "Category"), then you can click on it once to select it, and then click the Remove rule button in the lower-right. If you want to edit the rule to change whether or not it is blocked, then just double-click on the website address in the list you want to edit, change the Implemented action to Don't block, and click OK to save it.

None of them are listed doesn't help :(

They're not being blocked for me in Vivaldi 2.1 on Windows 10 (64-bit). What web browser are you having the issue in? Does it happen in any other browsers?

1 minute ago, GT500 said:

They're not being blocked for me in Vivaldi 2.1 on Windows 10 (64-bit). What web browser are you having the issue in? Does it happen in any other browsers?

Firefox 62.0.3 (64 bit)

Checking on the other question.

Is this issue fixed in the latest beta update?
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/32158/emsisoft-anti-malware-2018-9-1-beta/

Here's instructions for installing it:

2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Updates section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the box to the right of where it says Update feed, and select Beta from the list.
  6. Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock).
  7. Select Update now from the list.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the FRST logs will still be necessary, however if you want to you can drag and drop them into a reply to this topic and then post them here for me to review.

Did the update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware resolve the issue for you?

2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I don't think the FRST logs will still be necessary, however if you want to you can drag and drop them into a reply to this topic and then post them here for me to review.

Did the update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware resolve the issue for you?

No

I was thinking could Adguard Pro be conflicting with Emsisoft Anti-Malware somehow?

Reason I asked is because I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a VM and installed just Firefox with addons Noscript and AdBlock Plus & Emsisoft Anti-Malware and the sites work fine with the stable channel. Weird.

How can I tell if Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Adguard Pro are conflicting somehow ?

Yep I think the conflict is with Adguard Pro but not 100% sure.

When Emsisoft Anti-Malware is on the delayed channel the 2 websites work fine then but this never use to be the case.

I tried quitting Adguard Pro then going to the 2 websites and they work then on the stable channel.

The most-recent 'stable' version of EAM now contains the very-recently-released fix.  It's ambiguous to talk about "the stable" version and "the delayed version", because what they are changes.  It's better if you explicitly look - at the 'About' link (at the bottom righthand corner of EAM's main Overview screen) - and tell us the version number you actually have in each instance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JeremyNicoll said:

The most-recent 'stable' version of EAM now contains the very-recently-released fix.  It's ambiguous to talk about "the stable" version and "the delayed version", because what they are changes.  It's better if you explicitly look - at the 'About' link (at the bottom righthand corner of EAM's main Overview screen) - and tell us the version number you actually have in each instance.

Sure

Emsisoft Anti-Malware Version 2018.6.0.8750 work fine with the 2 websites and Adguard Pro on

Emsisoft Anti-Malware Version 2018.9.1.8968 does not. :(

I don't suppose you know what the versions referrred to in your earlier posts were.  If you did know that, it might make it easier for anyone reading the whole thread (and indeed you) to see what might have changed through its life.    For now, since no-one else (probably) has the same mix of Noscript, AdBlock Plus and this Adguard Pro thing (and even if they have the same versions of those they might not have them configured the same way as you), you probably want just to look at what happens with browsers without extra addons/extensions. 

GT500 will no doubt comment on whether or not there's known problems with Noscript, AdBlock Plus, Adguard Pro ... but bear in mind that with the recent changes to how Surf Protection is having to work, it's going to be even more difficult to understand how these things might interact.

From the EAM point of view, it's possibly worth defining Adguard Pro as an exclusion.  But the more fundamental point is that (from a quick peek at https://adguard.com/en/blog/in-depth-review-adguard-for-windows/ ) that it seems to be a system-wide Ad-blocking program.  However it works, I'd not be at all surprised if it intercepts DNS (or something) in broadly the same way as the most recent version of EAM... and if it does, it's not a surprise if they conflict with each other.

• Upvote 1

One last question for now does Emsisoft Anti-Malware have "Scan SSL" feature ?

If so how do disable it and is it recommended to do ?

7 hours ago, max2 said:

One last question for now does Emsisoft Anti-Malware have "Scan SSL" feature ?

Scan SSL? Emsisoft Anti-Malware filters DNS requests. It doesn't attempt to decrypt network/Internet traffic or analyze the contents of the traffic.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GT500 said:

Scan SSL? Emsisoft Anti-Malware filters DNS requests. It doesn't attempt to decrypt network/Internet traffic or analyze the contents of the traffic.

Ok thank you.