max2

Anyway to keep Emsisoft Anti-Malware system tray icon in one location even after it does a software update?

What version of Windows is this happening on? The icon stays where I placed it on Windows 10 x64 (1803).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

What version of Windows is this happening on? The icon stays where I placed it on Windows 10 x64 (1803).

Well it was Windows 10 Pro x64 (1803) I am now on 1809

Did the issue happen after the update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware, or after the update to Windows?

Just now, GT500 said:

Did the issue happen after the update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware, or after the update to Windows?

Well neither in my opinion.

It just happens whenever Emsisoft Ant-Malware does a program update in the background. At least it use to move the system tray icon all the way to the left.

To my knowledge, the icon position is determined by Windows, and Emsisoft Anti-Malware doesn't have any control over it.

Do you have Sync turned on in Windows? Is it possible that it's syncing the order of your System Tray icons with another installation of Windows on another computer?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-system-tray-icons-keep-moving-around/974667bc-9964-43d1-8a8e-49aff96d87a1

• Upvote 1

Just now, GT500 said:

To my knowledge, the icon position is determined by Windows, and Emsisoft Anti-Malware doesn't have any control over it.

Do you have Sync turned on in Windows? Is it possible that it's syncing the order of your System Tray icons with another installation of Windows on another computer?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-system-tray-icons-keep-moving-around/974667bc-9964-43d1-8a8e-49aff96d87a1

Ok thanks.

No I do not.

Is Windows configured to show all icons in the Notification Area? If it tries to automatically hide icons, then it may move them into other positions when it unhides them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GT500 said:

Is Windows configured to show all icons in the Notification Area? If it tries to automatically hide icons, then it may move them into other positions when it unhides them.

Yes.

I'll ask the rest of our support team if they can think of a reason why this might be happening, however the only other thing I can think of is perhaps that a third-party software is interfering with Windows saving the position information for certain icons in the Notification Area.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I'll ask the rest of our support team if they can think of a reason why this might be happening, however the only other thing I can think of is perhaps that a third-party software is interfering with Windows saving the position information for certain icons in the Notification Area.

Thank you!