HoggyDog

CLOSED Several Things Stopped Running

As of 2 days ago, my Steam installation no longer runs. Tonight I tried to launch Nvidia GEForce Experience to use Shadowplay to vidcap something, and it no longer runs either. I noticed a file in the EEK log that says it's whitelisted and comes from Intel, but I did not whitelist it and its name is vgnqwemqwejlk.exe or something equally inscrutable, which is one of the signs of malware.

I have run sfc /scannow (no errors found) and reinstalled Steam and NVIDIA drivers/Experience and it doesn't help. I hope you can see something wrong in these scan logs- Thanks.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

scan_181005-191152.txt

This is not a malware issue.  There was a bug in the 2018.9 release that caused an incompatibility issue between EAM and STEAM & IE.  If you have not already updated to 2018.9.1 then do so now and restart your system and let me know if that fixed the issue or not.

Yes, thanks, I updated EAM and everything started working again. *whew*

Nonetheless, my machine has slowed a lot since the last time we did this, I'm getting the inappropriate "Would you like to change Windows Desktop to 8 bit color?" notices and it's constantly doing things I can't identify. Would you mind taking a look at my scans and helping me clear up whatever is infesting (if not infecting) my machine? :D

I had already found the article you linked and the "fixes" it lists are ineffective- they don't suppress the warning, an outcome confirmed by several people who posted in response to the article.

Thank you for your help.

Since this is not a malware issue and seems to be a windows technical issue.  I advise that you seek help on a forum that handles Windows technical issues.