Hi Support,

My customer installed Trusteer Rapport which I uninstalled, but ever since when I try and reinstall the Emsisoft Anti Malware it grinds the PC to a halt.

Uninstall the Emsisoft and its fine, reinstall Emsisoft and the PC hangs and becomes unusable with no obvious peaking in the task manager.

Any ideas?

HI Jeremy,

Thanks for the response, yes I did use the official uninstaller and then also dived into the registry and manually removed any remnants of the Trusteer app.

It is a standard workstation so it would be simple to level and reinstall the O/S rather than dig around in registry hives. but the tech in me wants to get to the bottom of it. Rapport seems to cause irreparable changes to just about everything it possibly can. with the uninstaller leaving sheer carnage in it's wake. I don't believe that the Emsisoft is at fault in any way. it's just not being given a level playing field to begin with.

Just another reason to hate Rapport I guess, like I needed another one.....

There are two possibilities:

1. Emsisoft Anti-Malware version 2018.9 currently has an issue that causes network slowdowns, which can result in a number of abnormal side effects, such as applications hangs and freezes.
  2. Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.9 also has an issue on 32-bit versions of Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8 and 10 as well) where it can freeze/hang, and can even cause the system to freeze or hang.

If you can get to the Update settings in Emsisoft Anti-Malware, you can try switching to the Delayed update feed to downgrade to a previous version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Here's how to do that:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Updates section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the box to the right of where it says Update feed, and select Delayed from the list.
  6. Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock).
  7. Select Update now from the list.