jedsiem

"Data access service is being initialized" without progress

I installed the EEC on Windows7 for testing. No error or issue during installation.

On first start of the EEC the login screen is staying at "Data access service is being initialized".

Restart of EEC service and complete reboot didn't change anything.

EECServer 2018.9.0.3426
EECGui 2018.9.0.3462

Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks in advance.

20181018.EMSIConsole.png
Download Image

hi jedsiem,

Could you send me per PM the logfiles you find in c:\programDATA\emsisfot enterprise console\logs please ? (pls zip them) 

thanks

Thanks for the hint with the logfiles. There were a few older ones from older installation tests  of EEC.

The deinstallations from 2014 and 2016 seemed to have leftovers. The newest installation seems to be not completed. The log shows a failed database migration at the end. Is there a tool or a batch to clean older EEC installation leftovers?

I will deinstall everything again and will check the locations for older dbs. That might do the trick. Will report back.
Totally forgot to check for logfiles in the paths. Thanks again.

When you uninstall EEC, the data in \programdata\emsisoft enterprise console will not be deleted.

you can delete that folder manually and reinstall EEC.

yes, a db migration, of a very old DB, that failed could be the cause of this issue.

Thanks

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Frank H:

When you uninstall EEC, the data in \programdata\emsisoft enterprise console will not be deleted.

The current deinstallation routine offer the option to remove or keep the settings.

I was able to login after reinstallation without old databases in the datafolder.
So thread can be closed or marked as solved.

Thanks for your help.