JeremyNicoll

CLOSED Beta 9014

Updated smoothly.

I see you've made changes to grid columns.  In my forensic log, the 'handles' for altering column width are almost invisible on the column headers, because the handles are white and the surrounding column title background areas are pale grey.  Really it's easier to find them by drifting the mouse across where they should be and waiting for the pointer to change.

Ironically the handles (or at least column separators) are much easier to see if one highlights a row; then the highlighted text is shown in black on blue and the separator is (still) white, but of course not draggable... but at least you know where the handles should be above that (if eg you highlighted row 1).

Resizing the window horizontally occasionally leaves the 'Clear' button outwith the display area, albeit adding a horizontal scroll bar.  It's not easy to tell which changes will add the scroll bar and which will just redraw the whole window in a smaller area.

When I first started experimenting I couldn't drag the 'Component' column wide enough to see the whole of a "User <machinename>\<username>" value.  It's as if there's minimum widths for other columns that limit how big one column can be dragged if the other columns are already at their narrowest settings.   Later on, after having dragged the window to its full width then narrowed it again, I was able to make the 'Component' column wide enough. 

Win 10 1809

Any info yet about Event id 17 showing in Application Event Viewer logs as an error immediately before each hourly EAM updates ?

Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780.

When you first open the Log Viewer, the Date column only displays the date, and the time is mostly hidden because the default width of the column is too narrow.

Please change this so that it displays the date and the time in full when you first open the display.- it's a real pain having to resize the column all the time

On 10/29/2018 at 7:03 PM, stapp said:

Win 10 1809

Any info yet about Event id 17 showing in Application Event Viewer logs as an error immediately before each hourly EAM updates ?

Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780.

Can you at least tell me what causes it? (still happening)

The problem with the righthandside of the log display getting corrupted when window is dragged wide and then narrowed still exists.  See screenshot and note that the horizontal scrollbar is as far to the right as possible but the text above shows only part of the 'Clear' button:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kor0hjvt2modl04/20181107 Logs truncated at rhs.jpg?dl=0

Also, even if I drag other columns as narrow as possible, the 'Component' column cannot be made wide enough to show the full machine-name\username portion of a user action:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z09fhteoovqv6mx/20181107 Component column too narrow.jpg?dl=0

For /me/ that doesn't matter, as I know what the id's meant to be,  but if I had some other naming convention all of the visible portion of the usename would not be enough to tell who the user was.