cpctech

Techsuite ran but system keeps reinfecting

HP EnVY TS 17 Notbook PC

Has an I7 4700 processor and 16 GB ram. This machine should be running real fast.  However it seems to be really slow.  After running a full clean up using Techsuite (which includes EMSI soft removal tools)  I was ready to give it back to the client..AFter a reboot it started running real slow again.  I ran the techsuite software again and removed 17 new items.  The only thing the machine had done was site idle on the internet.

Attached is the EEK report.

The FRST 64 bit would run until I pressed scan, then it would crash. (I verified the machine is running 64 bit windows 10 home)

Thanks,

scan_181029-172340.txt

Let's

See what AdwCleaner turns up.

Download AdwCleaner and save it on your Desktop.

1. Close all open programs and Internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  2. Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  3. Click on the Scan button.
  4. After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  5. Confirm each time with OK.
  6. You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open in Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your Desktop.
  7. Attach that log file to your reply.
    NOTE: If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner on your computer.

OK,

Try running FRST.  If it runs successfully attach the scan logs generated by FRST.  If not, I will have you run RogueKiller.

Tried running FRST and it crashed in the same place (just after pushing scan)  I ran Roguekiller from within Techsuite, then ran FRST, and still have the same result.  I suspect I need the Rogue killer download from you next.

Download RogueKiller from https://www.fosshub.com/RogueKiller.html and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on setup.exe to install RogueKiller.

Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.

• Right-click RogueKiller.exe and select Run As Administrator to run the tool.
  • Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
  • Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished", click on the "Report" button and attach the scan log to your reply.