gugarci

Renewal Pricing

My license is expiring in 30 days. I received an email from you guys dated 10/1 saying all future licenses & renewals were going to be 29.99 for 3 PC's.
When I click to renew my license on the program it tells me my price as a loyal customer for about 5 years is now $49.99 for 3 PC's!
And if I go to your site directly like if I was going to be a brand new Emsisoft customer it tells me my price is $29.99.

[UPDATE]

I miss read the email it's $29.99 per PC & blew my chance to renew at a lower price since I miss read the email. 
If I only want to use Emsisoft on 1 PC how do I buy a license for just 1PC? I've always had a license for 3 PC's but have only used it on 2.
Thanks.

I'll ask someone from our sales team to contact you, and they should be able to assist with reducing the number of license keys you'd like to purchase.

Please note that if you'd like to keep using Emsisoft Anti-Malware on two computers, the 3-PC license key would be roughly $10 cheaper than paying for two 1-PC license keys.

Dear gugarci,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've just reached out to you via a private message here in our support forum.

If we can assist you any further, please just let us know.

Dear gugarci,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

You are very welcome. If we can assist you any further please just let us know.

I wish you a pleasant and malware-free day!

I have used Emsisoft for several years due to the excellent protection it provides and industry best support. However due to the issues listed below I will be looking for an alternative solution.

Auto renewals should be opt-in not opt-out.

The new GUI is horriffic  imo.

You've done away with the loyalty discounts, so now new users will pay less, long time customers will pay more, which basically means the long time users are subsidizing the new customers. (And thanks Thomas for the offer.) If you ever reconsider the loyalty discounts I may come back.

Edit: Well I am back, just discovered the 1/2 off sale, so here for another year. Defender was giving me issues with Controlled Folders so back to what I know works well on my computer.

Dear digmor crusher,

Thank you for taking the time to pass us your feedback.

I'll make sure that it'll be heard and I'll hand it over to my colleagues so that we can discuss it internally.

I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of our current special offer and if you consider extending your license again in a year and feel the prices are unfair, please contact us under [email protected] and we'll do our best to find an individual solution.

Thank you for choosing our security software solutions. If we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

My apologies for entering this thread but reading Digmor Crusher's post I see the comment on automatic renewal.  Didn't know that and I fully agree.  So how do I opt out?  Can't find anything in the settings nor at https://my.emsisoft.com/user/licenses

And the loyalty discount.  Somewhere in the forums (or perhaps it was an e-mail) I saw a recommendation  to renew before the new pricing was introduced, so I did.  Fortunately, as the increase for me turned out to be 49%     Wow!

I also apologise for entering this thread, but I too would like to know more about this auto-renewal.  Like Alan_S, I can't see anything in My Emsisoft about auto-renewal.

I've noticed a comment on the Wilders forum here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/emsisoft-anti-malware-emsisoft-internet-security-12.388577/page-34#post-2793450 where Thomas from Emsisoft mentions that we can click on a link in the order email from Cleverbridge to cancel the auto-renewals, but I don't have such a link in my most recent renewal.

Is auto-renewal a new feature, how do we determine whether auto-renew is enabled for our licences, and how do we opt-in or out ?

The auto-renewal button is not in your "MyEmsisoft" under "Licenses"account. I had to contact Emsisoft and they will provide a link in email for you to disable the auto renewal feature. If you turn off auto-renewal, I think you lose some type of loyalty discount, that is why I still have auto renewal turned on. Emsisoft is not clear on this subject.

Auto renewal without my permission? Seriously?. I agreed  to a one time payment for a one year subscription.

Making it difficult to opt out of this has me really rethinking my years long loyalty 

3 minutes ago, digmor crusher said:

Slopes, auto renewal is not difficult to opt out of, when you renew you get a link in an email to click, takes about 15 seconds to opt out.

I have 2 separate licences, 1 has just about expired, the emails I received have no link to disable this?

I just found this on their pricing page here https://www.emsisoft.com/en/pricing/

image.png.7cffa4975b2223d5ff6690f8e44015e4.png
Download Image

I've just double-checked my renewal confirmation email and it does not contain a link that allows me to opt out of auto renewal - maybe that means I'm already opted out but there's no way of knowing.

50 minutes ago, slopes said:

Auto renewal without my permission? Seriously?. I agreed  to a one time payment for a one year subscription.

Making it difficult to opt out of this has me really rethinking my years long loyalty 

Ditto - I've been with them since 2011 and my licence has never auto-renewed so it looks as if this is a new 'feature' - if auto-renewal is a new thing, why have we not been notified of this in advance ?

Automatic renewals are only for new license keys, and are not forced on anyone. You opt-out when you purchase the license key. If you are on a subscription, and don't want to be, then please send an e-mail to sales@emsisoft.com and our sales team will do what they can to assist you.

Edit: It looks like the opt-out process was changed, and the current method for opting out is to contact our sales team. I've asked if there is another way, and will post here once I hear something.

Edited by GT500

19 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Automatic renewals are only for new license keys, and are not forced on anyone. You opt-out when you purchase the license key. If you are on a subscription, and don't want to be, then please send an e-mail to sales@emsisoft.com and our sales team will do what they can to assist you.

Thanks for the clarification GT500 - that's helpful.

Just now, marko said:

Thanks for the clarification GT500 - that's helpful.

I've updated the information. The option to opt out when purchasing is not available at the moment, and I have asked for clarification on whether or not there is a way to opt out beyond contacting our sales team.

I was just told that after you order a license key, there is a link in the e-mail from cleverbridge (the one that has your license information in it) which will allow you to opt out from the subscription if you'd prefer to manually renew.

20 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I was just told that after you order a license key, there is a link in the e-mail from cleverbridge (the one that has your license information in it) which will allow you to opt out from the subscription if you'd prefer to manually renew.

And this still only applies to new licences, and not to renewals of existing ones ?

Still should be opt-in, from what I understand  your average customers age is of the vintage variety, why make it harder for them? Emsi's stellar reputation could take a hit here. Tell the marketing and bean counter departments to back off.

22 hours ago, GT500 said:

Edit: It looks like the opt-out process was changed, and the current method for opting out is to contact our sales team. I've asked if there is another way, and will post here once I hear something.

Thanks for looking into this for us GT500

On 11/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, GT500 said:

It looks like the opt-out process was changed, and the current method for opting out is to contact our sales team

What about contacting sale team to opt-in????? Wouldn't be more logical /fair???

On 11/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, marko said:

And this still only applies to new licences, and not to renewals of existing ones ?

As far as I know that is correct. I would believe that the only current condition for converting existing non-subscription license keys into subscriptions is renewing during the current promotional offer.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:17 PM, digmor crusher said:

Still should be opt-in, from what I understand  your average customers age is of the vintage variety, why make it harder for them? Emsi's stellar reputation could take a hit here. Tell the marketing and bean counter departments to back off.

Actually the reason for the change to subscriptions by default was to make it easier, so that customers don't have to worry about when they need to purchase a renewal or how to do it.