Tinshield

DATAWAIT

On 11/15/2018 at 3:34 PM, GT500 said:

I recommend uploading a copy of the ransom note along with an encrypted file to ID Ransomware so that you can verify which ransomware you are dealing with:
https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/

You can paste a link to the results into a reply if you would like for me to review them.

Hi GT500;

I also have being attacked by this same virus and all my system is encrypted and inaccessible.  I am desperately in need of some help in decrypting my files as I have checked on your existing decrytor and havent found a matching one for this file type. 

Please help.  much appreciated.

!readme.txt

Anyhour_vpn_access.txt - Copy.DATAWAIT

vpn_access.txt.DATAWAIT

I did some searching for information on decrypting files, however I wasn't able to find anything. I've asked some ransomware decryption experts to see what can be done.

I thank you soo much GT500 for you pushing this along for me, much appreciated, as this virus has wiped out 5 computer worth of data files and documents.  Unfortunately my backup (passport drive) external disk as attached to the machine and it got encrypted as well.  So now i have nothing .

I was told that this was more than likely an alternate extension used by SaveFiles:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/fallout-exploit-kit-pushing-the-savefiles-ransomware/

There doesn't appear to be a known way to decrypt files without first obtaining the private key from the criminals who made/distributed the ransomware.