brihy1

uninstall problem

Are you getting that error box from a normal uninstall (from Control Panel - Programs & Features), or one using  emsiclean (described at that URL),  or both ways?

I get the error box when uninstalling from control panel-programs,I dont know if emsiclean is for a complete uninstall? just dont want to cause more problems.

Probably one of the programs uninstall files got corrupted. One way to fix it is to reinstall the program which should repair the files.

1 hour ago, Ken1943 said:

Probably one of the programs uninstall files got corrupted. One way to fix it is to reinstall the program which should repair the files.

Won't work,says already installed 

My mistake, wrong program. It was for Malwarebytes.

Just try their uninstall tool. It should remove everything about Emsisoft on your computer. Don't forget to reboot twice before reinstalling.

Im giving the pc to someone and they use something else,why i was uninstalling eam.I myself will always use eam as i like the no bloat.

I had to use autoruns because emsiclean kept finding a file even after alot of reboots and running emsiclean,i couldnt delete emsisoft folder in c:/programs as it was in use.i cant remember the file but i ran autoruns and was able to delete it and then remove the folder.After that emsiclean said nothing found.

18 hours ago, brihy1 said:

emsiclean kept finding a file even after alot of reboots and running emsiclean

Which file? Hopefully not eppdisk.sys.

Well, if the system doesn't crash on startup after removing it, then everything should be fine.

Just for future reference though, it's dangerous to remove eppdisk.sys or tamper with the service that loads it without first removing eppdisk from the UpperFilters registry value for your hard drive. This is something that Emsiclean is supposed to do, as long as you use the latest version (which can always be found in the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder). If Emsiclean has trouble removing something, then try starting Windows in Safe Mode and run it again.

GT500 hopefully you can help me with this,but for reasons i kept the pc.When trying to reinstall eam i get a popup box(image)i have ran emsiclean and it finds nothing and also eam isn't in control panel add/remove programs?

eam install.PNG
Download Image

4 hours ago, brihy1 said:

GT500 hopefully you can help me with this,but for reasons i kept the pc.When trying to reinstall eam i get a popup box(image)i have ran emsiclean and it finds nothing and also eam isn't in control panel add/remove programs?

As Jeremy said, I'll probably need a log from the diagnostic tool. It should give me an idea of what might be left behind that needs to be removed.

The first half of the log is missing, and doesn't contain most of the information about Emsisoft Anti-Malware files.

It does contain the basic startup item, driver, and service information that tells me that everything has been properly unregistered, however I can't know if the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder is there as that part of the log is missing, so you'll have to verify that the following folders don't exist:

• C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware

You may also want to try renaming the following folder just in case:

• C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft

A quick way to get there (since the ProgramData folder is hidden) is to hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard and tap R to open the Run dialog, then type in (or copy and paste) %ProgramData% and then click OK.

All EAM files and registry entries the diagnostic log checks for are gone. There is one thing it doesn't check, and that's the context menu entry (for when you right-click on a file and select to scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware). If you still can't reinstall after another reboot (right-click on the Start button, go to Shut down or sign out, and select Restart from that menu to bypass Fast Startup) then get me an FRST log and I'll see if the context menu entry is still there or if the uninstaller got hidden somehow. You can find instructions for downloading and running FRST at the following link:
https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/en-us/article/274-running-a-scan-with-frst

Well, this might explain what happened to the first diagnostic log:

Date: 2018-11-22 19:00:20.760
Description: 
C:\Users\brihy\Downloads\EmsiDiagTool.exe has been blocked from modifying %desktopdirectory%\ by Controlled Folder Access.
Detection time: 2018-11-23T00:00:20.760Z
Path: %desktopdirectory%\
Process Name: C:\Users\brihy\Downloads\EmsiDiagTool.exe
Signature Version: 1.281.610.0
Engine Version: 1.1.15400.5
Product Version: 4.18.1810.5

Aside from that, the only things left over from the previous Emsisoft Anti-Malware installation that I can find are the entry in the installed programs list, and the following folder:

• C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Emsisoft Anti-Malware

It's almost certainly the entry in the installed programs list that's causing the issue. Try right-clicking on the Start button, selecting to Apps and features from the top of the list, and looking for any entries related to Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Try searching for Emsisoft in the "Apps & features" list on the right:

image.png
Download Image

I installed revo uninstaller hoping it would be able to get rid of it and great news it did.After revo finished i was able to reinstall eam and its running fine.I wanna thank everyone for helping me and GT500 for sticking with it,awesome forum and support.

There's a Microsoft tool that might ave helped:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

FRST could have removed the uninstaller entry, which should have resolved the issue as well. In the past Windows would offer to remove entries with missing uninstallers when you clicked the button to uninstall them, however it's possible that the behavior has changed in Windows 10 at some point.

I'm glad that Revo Uninstaller was able to make it a bit quicker to resolve the issue, although please note that I don't generally recommend uninstall tools like that when removing Emsisoft Anti-Malware (especially since they could cause your computer to crash on startup if the EPPDISK driver isn't removed from UpperFilters). Obviously in this case there was no real danger in using Revo Uninstaller, as Emsisoft Anti-Malware had already been completely uninstalled, and Windows simply hadn't removed the uninstaller entry.