Sign in to follow this  
manuruiz

infected files with the extension .pumax

ID Ransomware flagged this as a variant of the STOP ransomware:
https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/identify.php?case=70d81d557bdcef98bc0eb90e49f12816087ac70a

If you get in touch with Emmanuel on the BleepingComputer forums, then he may be able to assist you with contacting Dr.Web. They may have a way of decrypting files, however please note that Dr.Web won't decrypt files for free (they only do it for customers who have a license for their business Anti-Virus software):
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/u/1046137/emmanuel-adc-soft/

Note that Emmanuel is a reseller for Dr.Web, and if Dr.Web can decrypt your files he can help you with buying the license key that they require before they will decrypt anything for you. Also note that as a reseller, he does make money off of this transaction.

Hi there, I have also been infected by this virus. the documents have extension name .Pumax and pretty much all directories have jpgs, mp3's etc with .Pumax at the end. Ofcourse unable to open.

It appears the files in my main desktop directory are untouched. If there is a a readily available decryptor out there that can allow me to access them that would be great otherwise I will have to wait it out. The virus jumped onto my PC as a pretend Windows updater and then a bunch of programs starting running by themselves on startup etc. I believe I have removed the virus from my PC but my files are my main concern. Thankyou and hopefully someone takes the time to help out, All the best.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, JustinAU said:

If there is a a readily available decryptor out there that can allow me to access them that would be great otherwise I will have to wait it out.

There is no publicly available decrypter, however Dr.Web may be able to help you with decryption. I'll leave a copy below of what I posted above:

22 hours ago, GT500 said:

If you get in touch with Emmanuel on the BleepingComputer forums, then he may be able to assist you with contacting Dr.Web. They may have a way of decrypting files, however please note that Dr.Web won't decrypt files for free (they only do it for customers who have a license for their business Anti-Virus software):

Note that Emmanuel is a reseller for Dr.Web, and if Dr.Web can decrypt your files he can help you with buying the license key that they require before they will decrypt anything for you. Also note that as a reseller, he does make money off of this transaction.

19 hours ago, JustinAU said:

Hi there, I have also been infected by this virus. the documents have extension name .Pumax and pretty much all directories have jpgs, mp3's etc with .Pumax at the end. Ofcourse unable to open.

It appears the files in my main desktop directory are untouched. If there is a a readily available decryptor out there that can allow me to access them that would be great otherwise I will have to wait it out. The virus jumped onto my PC as a pretend Windows updater and then a bunch of programs starting running by themselves on startup etc. I believe I have removed the virus from my PC but my files are my main concern. Thankyou and hopefully someone takes the time to help out, All the best.

SqlDataDel_Subplan_1_20180902110001.txt.pumax

On 11/23/2018 at 3:44 PM, GT500 said: