xkzx

First impressions + a few remark

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone!

I started to using this antimalware two days ago. I like this program. The AV test results are impressive. The UI is simple, pure, no Ads. I can set almost everything. And it's translated Amazing!

I have a few little remark:

  • At the first run the main window was running on fullscreen. I thought, that I can't make it smaller, but I did it. I think, this small sized window is not small enough. And I can't make it smaller. I can attach an image of my main window+screen position. My resolution: 1366x768
  • I started a system scan, and during the scan I clicked on the close button. I thought that It can continue the scan in background. No The program asked me: I really want to stop the scanning? I clicked on NO and the main window didn't disappeared. But the question is weird too, because there is a stop button. If I want to stop the scanning, I click on it. I just wanted to close the main window.
  • Scanning again.. :) A sheduled scan runned in background. I wanted to left my home, without stopping this process. I opened the main window and navigated to running scan. I was looking for an option to turn off the PC after the scanning. Okay there is a quarantine+shutdown option in the sheduled scan, but during this scan I can't modify it.
  • On the taskbar the Emsisoft shield icon is almost the same as the Windows shield icon. If something is wrong, the Windows shield's green tick turns to red cross. But the Emsisoft's icon didn't change. I tried it. I turned off my firewall. One shield should be enough for me, but it's not enough, if I want to se every security component of my PC. I need emsisoft too because I can access it with one click.

Képkivágás.PNG
Download Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xkzx said:

At the first run the main window was running on fullscreen. I thought, that I can't make it smaller, but I did it. I think, this small sized window is not small enough. And I can't make it smaller. I can attach an image of my main window+screen position. My resolution: 1366x768

The size of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware interface is fixed. If you make it smaller than intended, a scrollbar will appear, as the content of the window can't get any smaller.

 

1 hour ago, xkzx said:

I started a system scan, and during the scan I clicked on the close button. I thought that It can continue the scan in background. No The program asked me: I really want to stop the scanning? I clicked on NO and the main window didn't disappeared. But the question is weird too, because there is a stop button. If I want to stop the scanning, I click on it. I just wanted to close the main window.

You can minimize the window while scanning. The only other way to do a "background" scan is to create a scheduled scan and make sure it is set to scan silently.

 

1 hour ago, xkzx said:

Scanning again.. :) A sheduled scan runned in background. I wanted to left my home, without stopping this process. I opened the main window and navigated to running scan. I was looking for an option to turn off the PC after the scanning. Okay there is a quarantine+shutdown option in the sheduled scan, but during this scan I can't modify it.

The option can be set in the scheduled scan settings. I don't think a scheduled scan's settings can be modified while the scan is running.

 

1 hour ago, xkzx said:

On the taskbar the Emsisoft shield icon is almost the same as the Windows shield icon. If something is wrong, the Windows shield's green tick turns to red cross. But the Emsisoft's icon didn't change. I tried it. I turned off my firewall. One shield should be enough for me, but it's not enough, if I want to se every security component of my PC. I need emsisoft too because I can access it with one click.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware's icon only changes to indicate Emsisoft Anti-Malware's status. If you right-click on the Emsisoft Anti-Malware icon in the System Tray, and go to Protection status, you can disable individual guards and see what the icon looks like after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xkzx said:

The AV test results are impressive.

I do not want to ruin your enthusiasm but EMSISOFT decided  not to participate in AV test, so which results are you talking about????

In latest AV Comparatives, EMSI scored 97.9%   (Microsoft free had 100%) so, really , what are you talking about????

6 hours ago, xkzx said:

The UI is simple, pure, no Ads

It is supposed to be like that for a paid product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 6:08 AM, Siketa said:

Emsisoft does not participate in AV-Test any more.

That's correct, however I think xkzx was referring to test results in general, and not a specific testing organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.