The first time (in a Windows session) that I click on any of the four main panels on the EAM gui overview screen (Protection, Scan & Clean, Logs or Settings), it takes several seconds to open the relevant screen, and sometimes it doesn't open it at all.

43 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

It seems fine here (W8.1 64 bit).  I've recently rebooted though.

I've just rebooted again and waited until Windows (10 64-bit) had loaded and all disk activity had stopped, opened EAM gui, clicked on Logs panel - nothing happened.  Clicked on Settings panel - nothing happened.  Clicked on Logs panel again - five seconds later it opened the logs.

Clicked on Overview button to get to main screen then clicked on Settings panel - 25 seconds later, it opened the settings.

Clicked on Overview button to get to main screen then clicked on Protection panel - 10 seconds later it opened the Protection screen.

If I roll back to stable feed, the problem goes away and the screens load almost instantly.

If I switch to beta feed, the problem returns.

Using Win 10 Pro with build 9069 I cannot recreate your issue Marko.

After a cold boot and waiting for everything to load, I click on each panel and they all open instantly.

23 minutes ago, stapp said:

Using Win 10 Pro with build 9069 I cannot recreate your issue Marko.

After a cold boot and waiting for everything to load, I click on each panel and they all open instantly.

Thanks Stapp - the screens open instantly for me now - it just seems to happen fairly soon after boot, as if something is stopping the EAM gui from responding.

thanks for your feedback guys

@marko as you're a beta tester, please always submit debuglogs that cover the issue (ideally including a reboot, before you try to replicate the issue.
Many reported issues are rare and hard to replicate, it saves us a huge amount of time when you could deliver those debuglogs next time.
I just tested and I was able to replicate the problem.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Frank H said:

thanks for your feedback guys

@marko as you're a beta tester, please always submit debuglogs that cover the issue (ideally including a reboot, before you try to replicate the issue.
Many reported issues are rare and hard to replicate, it saves us a huge amount of time when you could deliver those debuglogs next time.
I just tested and I was able to replicate the problem.

Thanks

yes sorry for not including debug logs but I don't turn this on unless specifically asked for as whenever I turn debug logging off, it still causes my machine to crash

I'm glad you were able to replicate anyway

does the crash still occur in 2018.11 beta ?

We've fixed a rare instability which might resolve that issue too.

10 minutes ago, Frank H said:

does the crash still occur in 2018.11 beta ?

We've fixed a rare instability which might resolve that issue too.

yes, still crashes in 9069 but only when I turn debugging off

I updated my stable EAM to the beta version yesterday and have noticed Marko's delays too. They vary: sometimes nothing, sometimes very noticeable.

Also, I encounter serious delays with viewing details of a log entry, though sometimes the response is instantaneous.

Example 2018-12-02 11:04

PC restarted
Clicked 'Logs'
Selected an entry and clicked View Details (Response Instantaneous)
Closed the UI and reopened

Clicked 'Logs'
Selected an entry and clicked View Details (Response 2 mins 45 secs)
Backed to 'Home'
Clicked 'Logs'
Selected an entry and clicked View Details (Response 45 secs)
Backed to 'Home'
Clicked 'Logs'
Selected an entry and clicked View Details.  View Details button turned blue and then back to white.  Nothing happening
Started Process Explorer. No CPU used by the a2.. processes. After a while closed PE and immediately got the details pop-up.
Coincidence or related?
Total response time 5 mins.

Oh yes, later (sadly after disabling Debug Logging) clicked “About” got the result after about 25 secs.

I've sent the debug logs via PM.

Win 7 32-bit
EAM version 2018.11.0.9069 updated 10:06:45
Sphinx Windows 10 Firewall Control
Time zone CET

None of the Facebook, Twitter or YouTube icons in the Follow Us part of the EAM gui overview screen work as expected as they all open the Emsisoft home page.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:15 PM, marko said:

None of the Facebook, Twitter or YouTube icons in the Follow Us part of the EAM gui overview screen work as expected as they all open the Emsisoft home page.

fixed in  2018.11.0.9073 beta, which just has been released.