AidanGee

Emsisoft not disabling Windows Defender

Forgive me asking the obvious, but have you tried restarting your machine?

Is EAM doing its updates OK and all panels in the GUI are green?

What build of Win 10 are you using?

28 minutes ago, stapp said:

Forgive me asking the obvious, but have you tried restarting your machine?

Is EAM doing its updates OK and all panels in the GUI are green?

What build of Win 10 are you using?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried restarting and everything is green/updated on EAM.

I'm on the latest Windows 10 build (1809).

The weird thing is it says the following:

image.png.2352b1352211921a98759342c6510304.png
Download Image

Please note that Emsisoft Anti-Malware does not disable Windows Defender. On versions of Windows older than Windows 10 it would remain on even with Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed. That changed in Windows 10 where the Windows Action Center (aka. Security Center) would automatically turn off Windows Defender when a third-party Anti-Virus software was installed. Starting with one of the major updates (either a year or two ago), Microsoft changed this behavior, and now Windows Defender runs all the time regardless of whether or not a third-party Anti-Virus is installed, however Windows will automatically turns the protection off in Windows Defender when the protection is turned on in the third-party Anti-Virus, and will turn the protection in Windows Defender on when the protection in the third-party Anti-Virus is turned off (assuming the third-party Anti-Virus supports that, which Emsisoft Anti-Malware does).

If Windows is not reading the correct status from Emsisoft Anti-Malware, then turn off the Windows Security Center integration, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This should re-register Emsisoft Anti-Malware with the Security Center, which usually resolves such issues.