nemo74

Can I decrypt *.udjvu files?

Hi, my pc was attacked by a ransom virus and crypted ALL my files on my three disks C: D: F:
I formated the c: disk but all the files on my other is crypted and renamed to *.udjvu
Is there any way to decrypt those files or is it to late?
I was trying to get the ID on https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php but no luck..

I send the ransom note (_openme.txt) and a sample of crypted file. (Traktor.hdr.jpg.udjvu)

Please help me if you can.

_openme.txt

Traktor.hdr.jpg.udjvu

My computer was also infected by .udjvu and all files were encrypted.

My wife is a Teacher and all her documents are now encrypted by .udjvu

My only option is to install a new Hard Disc on the computer and make a fresh start.

I will keep the encrypted Hard Drive in case someone in the future manages to decrypt .udjvu

Please let us know if something comes up.

Thanks,
Andreas.

_openme.txt

DSC01680.JPG.udjvu

DSC01682.JPG.udjvu

• Like 1

This does appear to be a variant of Djvu. The issue with this particular ransomware is that analysts have yet to find a sample of it to analyze its encryption method, so we don't yet know if there's a way to decrypt files. If anyone has an idea of how their computer was infected with this ransomware, then please let us know.

You can share malicious links with us by submitting them to VirusTotal, and then pasting a link to the analysis here.

Hi, thanx for replying to this.
I am pretty sure I got it from a program I installed. or its supposed to be that prog but it was not. I got the download from a public tracker and the prog was SketchUp

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, GT500 said:

Do you still have the link to what you downloaded?

I was thinking the same so I went out to find it but the links are gone. But I will check the other disk to later if there is some clue :)

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, nemo74 said:

I was thinking the same so I went out to find it but the links are gone. But I will check the other disk to later if there is some clue :)

Sorry but I found nothing I Think.

Same thing happened with me, but the ransomware has an extension of (.DJVUR) rest is all same. I got it from a downloaded file from Free download manager version 5.

I got my hard drive formatted immediately. However encrypted files still remains with me (extension of all is changed to *.DJVUR). Please suggest suitable decrypter for the same.

Thanks in advance.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Andrikkas said:

My computer was also infected by .udjvu and all files were encrypted.

My wife is a Teacher and all her documents are now encrypted by .udjvu

My only option is to install a new Hard Disc on the computer and make a fresh start.

I will keep the encrypted Hard Drive in case someone in the future manages to decrypt .udjvu

Please let us know if something comes up.

Thanks,
Andreas.

_openme.txt

DSC01680.JPG.udjvu

DSC01682.JPG.udjvu

Same thing happened with me, but the ransomware has an extension of (.DJVUR) rest is all same. I got it from a downloaded file from Free download manager version 5.

I got my hard drive formatted immediately. However encrypted files still remains with me (extension of all is changed to *.DJVUR). Please suggest suitable decrypter for the same.

Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, Eng_Chetan said:

I got it from a downloaded file from Free download manager version 5.

You didn't happen to keep the link to the downloaded file did you? If you did, then please use VirusTotal to "scan" the link to the download, and then paste the link to the scan results here for me to review.