stapp

CLOSED New thing to test

it's not included in this beta yet.

We plan to release beta2 tomorrow which will include the Emsisoft Browser Security feature

When you disable extension, the icon in Chrome does not change and remains blue.

It should be grey or something similar.

In the announcement you said "Emsisoft Anti-Malware will automatically check if the extension is installed".  Well, apparently the option to do that is set, but I'm using Firefox, don't have the extension, and haven't been given any sort of warning.  At what point does EAM check?  

EAM will check this when the browser is  started.

The notification shows you 3 options

install now - later - Don't show again

11 minutes ago, stapp said:

So where is it in Vivaldi?

If Vivaldi supports Chrome extensions you can install it manually from the browser extension store

EAM currently supports FF and Chrome.

Why should I have to install it manually? I thought as Vivaldi is based on Chrome and its extensions, that it would auto install.

Oh well.

I've twice stopped and restarted Firefox, with no notification received.  That's on W8.1 64bit with FF v64.0.     I'll send you a link to the debug logs...

8 minutes ago, stapp said:

Why should I have to install it manually? I thought as Vivaldi is based on Chrome and its extensions, that it would auto install.

Oh well.

When a browser is based on Chromium, doesn't mean it automatically support extensions for Chrome.

3 minutes ago, Frank H said:

When a browser is based on Chromium, doesn't mean it automatically support extensions for Chrome.

Vivaldi supports Chrome extensions.

Hello Frank,

I have Chrome installed and the notification came up few seconds after Chrome started. Extension installed successfully.

I also have Firefox, but the portable version. I did several Firefox restarts, but no notification yet. I have the latest version 64.0. Is there any difference if it is portable or standard installation?

11 minutes ago, Martin Suchy said:

Hello Frank,

I have Chrome installed and the notification came up few seconds after Chrome started. Extension installed successfully.

I also have Firefox, but the portable version. I did several Firefox restarts, but no notification yet. I have the latest version 64.0. Is there any difference if it is portable or standard installation?

Hi Martin,

EAm does not support verification of portable versions of FF/Chrome.

When you want to install the extension anyways you need to do that manually.

30 minutes ago, stapp said:

Perhaps you should put a direct link in thread for people like me

Download Image

The extension is not listed in the Chrome store yet. It takes them a while to review it.

cool, happy to see this - do you guys have an emsisoft-specific test page we can use to verify functionality? so far haven't seen it block any of the stuff i know EAM blocks (wicar, etc) in firefox on win10 1809.

14 hours ago, Frank H said:

EAM will check this when the browser is  started.

The notification shows you 3 options

install now - later - Don't show again

Please also add a configuration option to Emsisoft Enterprise Console
to allow supressing/disabling this prompt. I wouldn't want it to be shown
to the users in the company I work for, as we use other means for malicious website protection.

Thanks ☺️

Website blocked! notification page should load and show much faster.

When I test it on malc0de page, each blocked page or download is shown for a split second.

1 hour ago, Raynor said:

Please also add a configuration option to Emsisoft Enterprise Console
to allow supressing/disabling this prompt. I wouldn't want it to be shown
to the users in the company I work for, as we use other means for malicious website protection.

Thanks ☺️

Sure, this new notification setting policy already has been added to EEC beta.

it  will be disabled by default.

5 minutes ago, Siketa said:

Website blocked! page should load and show faster.

When I test it on malc0de page, each blocked page or download is shown for a split of a second.

The mechanism that is used in the new Browser Protection extension, also depends on server response and ISP.

Most important is that the site is blocked, when that happens 0,5 seconds later should not matter.

Clean Win 10 install machine.

No EAM.

Vivaldi browser run under Sandboxie.

Downloaded extension from Chrome store.

Blocks 2 test sites mentioned above instantly.

Beta 9131 didn't fix the problem (maye it wasn't meant to?) of EAM not telling me that I don't have the extension installed in Firefox.

I did also try starting Chrome; EAM did display a notification for that... and I clicked on "Later".    I stopped and restarted Chrome but this time got no notification.    What precisely does "Later" mean?   I did look in the "Help" info (at: https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/en-us/article/303-notification-settings ) but there is no information there about the new notifcation option.

ps. when you untick and tick the new setting in notifications, it will reset the timer.
So next time you start your browser, EAM will check for the extension.

New help URL - fine, but why doesn't clicking "?" in the beta take me to the new URLs?

Tick/untick - I suppose that makes sense, but it doesn't make the "Later" option on the reminder any more comprehensible.  I see from the new help page that in fact it means "remind me again in 4h".  Why not just retitle it "Defer for 4h"?