Gio3211

High memory usage

Task manager says that Emsisoft is using 344MB of RAM. Is it normal to be that high? When my PC is idle, i am using 4GB of RAM out of 16GB! That seems very high to me and Emsisoft is the program using the most RAM. Is this just normal behavior or is something going on with my system? Thank you in advance!  

On 12/29/2018 at 5:47 PM, Gio3211 said:

Task manager says that Emsisoft is using 344MB of RAM. Is it normal to be that high? When my PC is idle, i am using 4GB of RAM out of 16GB! That seems very high to me and Emsisoft is the program using the most RAM. Is this just normal behavior or is something going on with my system? Thank you in advance!  

The database that Emsisoft Anti-Malware uses is hundreds of megabytes in size. For performance reasons, this database is loaded entirely into RAM when the Emsisoft Protection Service starts.

There is a memory usage optimization option in the advanced settings. When this option is turned on, any parts of the database that are not currently in use will be offloaded into the pagefile, thus reducing the memory usage. This option is disabled by default due to the fact that most computers have a significant amount of RAM these days, and of course also because of the minor performance reduction when it is turned on.