geri

Random Scan messages

All of a sudden, I keep getting random messages asking if I want to rescan.  I never received this before.

Emsisoft always just ran in the background doing a scan when schedule.  Don't know how to resolve this.

7 hours ago, geri said:

All of a sudden, I keep getting random messages asking if I want to rescan.

@stapp is more than likely correct. This sounds like the Quarantine Re-scan feature. When there's something in the Quarantine, Emsisoft Anti-Malware can re-scan it each time it downloads updates. By default this is done automatically, however there's an option to have it ask you if you'd like for it to re-scan quarantined objects, and an option to turn the Quarantine Re-scan off entirely.

image.png
Download Image

image.png
Download Image

I went to the home page and clicked on Quarantine but it took me to what was in quarantine and couldn't 

get to a page like you showed above.  That page only had the quarantine object listed,and at the bottom

there were buttons to"Restore - Delete - False detection" and then two buttons that said "re-scan All  and Add File"

Thank you Jeremy, I did find it according to your instructions.  Thank you for your help.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find the setting. If you need anything else, then please let us know.