Rapattoni

Emsissoft Browser Security switch

Since the update that includes Emsisoft Browser Security users are being asked to install the new Browser Security.

Is there a switch in the ECC to turn on or off this option. I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you

Rapattoni Corp.

Hi,

yes we have added a policy in EEC, available since version 2018.12.

You can find it in the notification policy.

I hope this helps

I don't have the "Enterprise" version.  Can we turn it off in Emsisoft Anti-Malware.  The every few hours pop-up is aggravating.  I tried to see more about it the first few times it popped-up and it crashed each time.  So, I researched it and simply don't want it.

Thanks for making me look again.  The order is simply different.

For those after me, If a "Gold Star" appears on the EmsiSoft icon in the Notifications after disabling "Browser Security Verification" it was cleared after forcing an update.  Per the forum this star means "Game Mode" is turned on and the registry hack didn't help.

Jeremy, Please understand the reduced contrast Security Overview screen is very tiring to read and almost impossible.  Even the text currently being typed brings tears (literally) to the eyes but is, at least, larger so it is readable.  However, I apologize for not having persevered.

> reduced contrast...

@Jimbo - If you mean grey text on a white background, I'm not a fan either.  But have you tried Settings - Advanced - Appearance?  The 'Dark' option makes the background colour of quite a lot of the GUI black, with white and coloured text on it.  You might find it easier to read.   No apology required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For those after me, If a "Gold Star" appears on the EmsiSoft icon in the Notifications after disabling "Browser Security Verification" it was cleared after forcing an update.  Per the forum this star means "Game Mode" is turned on and the registry hack didn't help.

The gold star is an indicator for Admin mode. When you have activated an administrator password to lock EAM for unwanted manual setting changes. When you open the main program and enter the password to unlock the program, the Goldstar will show up

The Pacman is the indicator for Game mode which was renamed to Silent mode a while a go,.

• Like 1