emwul64

Emsisoft Browser Security - regularly asking to be installed

Nothing to worry about but still a bit peculiar: Emsisoft Browser Security every now and then pops up asking to be installed.
But it is already installed. In fact when the pop-up showed up on earlier occasions, I installed it (again), even though it was already installed.

Why is this?
Does it have something to do with updates, or so?

As said, just a minor thing though.

Capture-26012019 140600.png
Download Image

Emsisoft Anti-Malware will display the notification only when you open Google Chrome or Firefox (support for Microsoft Edge will be added in version 2019.1, and is included in the current beta), and only if the extension is not installed in one of those browsers when you open it. While you can install the extension in other Chromium based browsers (Vivaldi and Opera for instance), those browsers are not supported by Emsisoft Anti-Malware and it won't display the notification when opening them.

Note that there is a bug in the current version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware that prevents it from being able to detect whether the extension is installed in Google Chrome and/or Firefox if multiple profiles are in use.

If you don't want to see the notification again, then simply click Don't install in the notification, and it won't show it again. You can also manage the notification settings by opening Emsisoft Anti-Malware, clicking on Settings (or the little gear icon in the menu on the left), clicking on Notifications in the menu at the top, and turning off the option for Browser security verifications:

image.png
Download Image

I am very sorry... confession it was my mistake...:blush:

If possible, delete this thread as it may lead to wrong conclusions.

I have Chrome and Firefox. A few days back I removed Firefox and installed Opera and made that my default browser (splendid browser by the way)
The add-on has been installed on all three of them. When the pop-up showed up, I simply closed it, after all, it was installed.
I did not realize though there that Edge still was on the Emsisoft Browser Security 'to do'-list. I never use Edge... ahum.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

13 hours ago, emwul64 said:

I did not realize though there that Edge still was on the Emsisoft Browser Security 'to do'-list.

We hadn't made an official announcement, as it took Microsoft considerably longer to approve the Edge extension than it took for Mozilla and Google to approve the Firefox and Chromium extensions. This is also why support for detecting the extension in Edge only appears in a beta version right now, so it's understandable that there could be some confusion about it. ;)