Protos

Strange behavior (Quiet mode turns itself on and off many times)

Good afternoon, please tell me what kind of miracles, when you don’t come up to the computer for a long time, but it is turned on while I notice in the Emsisoft antivirus log that the "Silent mode" turns off with a short period of time. It seems that some hidden actions are performed hidden then the protection is turned on again.

version OS:  6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 сборка 7601
RAM: 8GB
HDD:500GB 
Emsisoft Antimalware 2018.12.1.9194

EmsiScreen.png
Download Image

"Silent mode" doesn't turn off protection; it just means that EAM will not try to disturb whatever you are doing in fullscreen mode (eg using a browser, or looking at pictures in fullscreen, or playing a game, or watching a video).

However if you were not using the machine when all these things were logged, that's odd.  It's also odd that so many of the log entries are at hh:mm:20.  Why always :20 I wonder?  Ah, I think I've seen this before - EAM's not noticing at the exact moment that you go into fullscreen mode or come out of it, but re-checking every minute... so if you're going in and out of fullscreen mode, you'll not see the actual times you do that, but see each time EAM checks.

The "Silent Mode" can be triggered not only by fullscreen games, but also videos. Whenever you watch a YouTube video in fullscreen, it triggers the Silent Mode, and when you return the video to its normal size the Silent Mode turns back off. If you watch a lot of videos like this, then you can end up with a large amount of log entries showing the Silent Mode turning on and off.