MJmusicguy

Privacy risk detection setting gone

We removed the tracking hosts from version 2019.1. They were problematic at best, often breaking websites. Browser extensions (uBlock Origin for instance) tend to be much better at filtering that kind of thing, as they can filter based on more complex rules which are less likely to break things.

• Upvote 1

I would rather have "broken sites" than trackers. Easy to allow them, if needed.

Only reason I stay with EAM is "SURF-PROTECTION"

Can't use your extension. Will not upgrade to the latest Firefox, and will never use Chrome or Edge browsers.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GT500 said:

We removed the tracking hosts from version 2019.1. They were problematic at best, often breaking websites. Browser extensions (uBlock Origin for instance) tend to be much better at filtering that kind of thing, as they can filter based on more complex rules which are less likely to break things.

Good Job, 

Emsisoft every day better!!!!
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, xeon said:

Will not upgrade to the latest Firefox, and will never use Chrome or Edge browsers.

Using an outdated browser is a security risk. I recommend finding some way to upgrade to the latest Firefox (at least version 64) so that you're as safe online as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1