AndreasZimmer

a2cmd.exe /u /proxy=192.168.1.13:8080 - Doesnt work!

Hi!

We purchased a licence and everything is working fine with the command line version.

But in our separated network where we have to use a proxy-server to update and activate the tool it doenst work.

When we use:
a2cmd.exe /u /proxy=192.168.1.13:8080

Output:
Update start:      timestamp
0 KB (100%) of 0 KB downloaded (after about 3 minutes).

When we use our old antivirus-program (clamav) we have no problem to update over the proxy!

Any suggestions?

And is there a business hotline where I can place my problem?

Thx.

Andreas

Does the proxy require authentication?

Note that you can also contact us via e-mail at support@emsisoft.com if you prefer.

In addition to the above, may I ask if you're using the version of a2cmd.exe bundled with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, or if you're using the standalone (EmsisoftCMD) version?

Also, I'm curious as to what proxy you're using. Is it the one that comes with the Emsisoft Enterprise Console, or another one?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb GT500:

Does the proxy require authentication?

Note that you can also contact us via e-mail at support@emsisoft.com if you prefer.

Good morning,

no, the proxy dont need authentication.

We used clamav the past years and the proxy works fine...

Thx for the reply

Andreas

vor 9 Stunden schrieb GT500:

In addition to the above, may I ask if you're using the version of a2cmd.exe bundled with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, or if you're using the standalone (EmsisoftCMD) version?

Also, I'm curious as to what proxy you're using. Is it the one that comes with the Emsisoft Enterprise Console, or another one?

Hi,

I tested it with both versions. Same result...

Proxy: We dont have a Emsisoft-Proxy. Which exactly, I cant say.

Regards

Andreas

Have you checked your proxy logs to see if it logged any errors when a2cmd.exe tried to connect?

Note that a2cmd.exe needs its license activated before it will work, and you can't activate the license key over a proxy (the parameter to activate a license key doesn't respect the proxy parameter). It needs to be activated on a computer with a direct Internet connection, and then it can be moved/copied to the computer that is isolated behind a proxy.

Also note that the version of a2cmd.exe bundled with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit works differently when it comes to activation. With this version you must activate the license key in the Emergency Kit Scanner (the GUI component of Emsisoft Emergency Kit), and that will save the license information in the settings file, and will also activate a2cmd.exe so that you can start using it.

If you're doing a free trial of Emsisoft Emergency Kit, then simply open the Emergency Kit Scanner and check for updates. Our system will assign it a free license key automatically.