Pete J

Mapping Limit Reached For Today

Hello Emsisoft,

I've been a loyal user of your product for many trouble-free years.

Until now that is:-(

In the last week I've been getting an error message - "Mapping limit for this key reached for today. Please try again in 24 hours or enter another key".

I've been getting this message daily which negates the "try again in 24 hours" suggestion. The main Emsisoft application indicates that I have 590 days left on my license, so I guess there's no need to enter another key.

Please assist.

Note I have screenshots and the output of EmsiDiagTool.exe available on request.

Regards

Peter

If you search here for that error message you'll see it normally means either that the same licence code has been seen in operation on other machines (or on more other machines than the number of machines you have a licence for), or that the hardware in your machine keeps changing so that EAM thinks it's being executed on different machines.  Are you eg changing the drives on the machine?

I should add: I have notes which suggest the remap (recalculation of a machine key based on its connected hardware) can happen up to 5 times per day before you have a problem.  You can temporarily get around this by limiting EAM's update frequency to "every 6 hours" which means it'll only remap four times per day.

I know this is going to cause me problems because my next desktop PC is going to have multiple caddied drives on it. 

• Like 1

OK thanks Jeremy that's really interesting.

I received an email from Emsisoft support and it was as your first message suggested.

An old machine had been powered up and connected to our LAN. It had EAM installed and was taking up a license. I thought that I could manage licenses from myEmsisoft, but when I removed this device from the myEmsisoft devices list (and powered it off), I continued to receive the error. It was only by reinstalling Emsisoft that I managed to get rid of the error.

Actually this fits with your reply because the software on my computer had remapped > 5 times already, so that’s why I continued to receive the error.

I have now powered down this rogue computer and will remove EAM from it.

It would have been more helpful if the error had said something like ‘All available licenses in use’!

Many thanks for your help!

9 hours ago, Pete J said:

I have now powered down this rogue computer and will remove EAM from it.

Removing the license key should be enough. Here's how to do that:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Look below the green Protection tile on the left for Your license ends in ... and click the View details link to the right.
  3. Click on the Change license button.
  4. Select the Test for 30 days, free button.
  5. Either the free trial will activate, or you will be given the option to activate the limited freeware mode that has no protection.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:05 AM, JeremyNicoll said:

I should add: I have notes which suggest the remap (recalculation of a machine key based on its connected hardware) can happen up to 5 times per day before you have a problem.  You can temporarily get around this by limiting EAM's update frequency to "every 6 hours" which means it'll only remap four times per day.

I know this is going to cause me problems because my next desktop PC is going to have multiple caddied drives on it. 

Thanks for that little gem Jeremy. I never knew about that 5 times a day remap bit. Useful and very interesting. Cheers.