Raynor

CLOSED Cloud Console Beta

I just started playing around with the new "My Emsisoft Cloud Console".

My first experiences have been quite positive. 🙂

Two little things that I would like to suggest for improvement:

1) I use only one policy for the whole network (i.e. workspace). This is why I delete all computer groups
except "New Computers" (which cannot be deleted). I then set all required policy settings/options on the highest possible level,
which is the "root" group called "Workspace". These settings are then of course inherited by the "New Computers" group
(and possibly some other groups that I might add later).

The problem is that whenever you re-visit the "Protection Policies" section by clicking in the navigation bar
on the left hand side, the view defaults to the "New Computers" group.
So if I'm not very careful, I'll change settings in this group instead of the root group "Workspace".

It would be nice if the selection could default to "Workspace" whenever you re-visit the Protection Policies section.

2) Using the Enterprise Console, it was easy to see at a glance if the settings on some client PCs deviated from the original policy setting
(the overview in EEC then shows a little round arrow next to the policy name in the "Computer Policy" column).
In the cloud console, you must have a detailed look at the settings of each client PC to see if there is anything different to the original policy.

It would be very helpful to be able to see policy vs. current client settings differences directly on the overview dashboard.
(please bring back the round arrow 😉)

Furthermore, there are some minor cosmetic issues:

- When clicking on the menu of the root protection group "Workspace", the menu item "Clone" is not greyed out.
   It is clickable, but (as expected) nothing happens. It should be greyed out like the rest of this group's menu items.
- Some German translations don't fit into the UI (mostly on buttons)
- When using browser zoom (I use 120% by default) some lines around some UI fields get cut off

And two final questions:

- I was wondering what the setting "Detect registry policy settings" in the Scanner Settings section does
  (see attached screenshot).

-Why does my license vanish from the "Licenses --> Personal Licenses" section after assigning it to a workspace ?
 Is this by design? This seems confusing to me...
 What happens if I delete a workspace - will the license be returned to the "Personal Licenses" section?
 What about client PCs that are NOT associated with the workspace - will they have licensing problems
 (I don't want to add all my PCs to the workspace)?

Thanks for the great job so far!
Raynor

RegistryPolicies.png
Download Image

• Like 1

Could I get a quick reply on my two little questions please ☺️🤗

By the way: I have noticed that workspaces cannot be deleted.

I assume this feature will be added later?

Thanks!

Raynor

On 4/12/2019 at 12:39 AM, Raynor said:

- I was wondering what the setting "Detect registry policy settings" in the Scanner Settings section does

-Why does my license vanish from the "Licenses --> Personal Licenses" section after assigning it to a workspace ?
 Is this by design? This seems confusing to me...
 What happens if I delete a workspace - will the license be returned to the "Personal Licenses" section?
 What about client PCs that are NOT associated with the workspace - will they have licensing problems
 (I don't want to add all my PCs to the workspace)?

RegistryPolicies.png
Download Image
Download Image

On 4/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, Raynor said:

It would be nice if the selection could default to "Workspace" whenever you re-visit the Protection Policies section.

Your use case is rare. Most enterprises have multiple groups. To avoid users to not make changes on Workspace level by error, we decided to jump to the 'new computers' group  by default, like in Emsisoft Enterprise Console.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, Raynor said:

It would be very helpful to be able to see policy vs. current client settings differences directly on the overview dashboard.

Sure. Please note that Emsisoft Cloud Console is a first beta, bugs and missing features exist. We are working hard to improve step by step.

On 4/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, Raynor said:

With this setting you can instruct Emsisoft Anti-Malware to not scan certain registry settings, as they are commonly used by system administrators: example:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system", "DisableTaskMgr"

On 4/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, Raynor said:

This is by design. A License can be linked to a users OR Workspace. Users cannot delete Workspaces yet.

We understand that you now mis certain info related to seat usage, for example,. In a near future ECC release we will improve this,l ike showing the devices that use the same license but have not been connected (yet).

I hope this helps.

• Like 1