Sign in to follow this  
Cloud

Emsisoft Protection Service Completely Overloading CPU

- The first thing I have, is my Emsisoft application will not allow me to change any of its settings even when it is ran as an administrator.

- The second thing is, is the Emsisoft Protection Service is consistently eating up 75% of my CPU every time I so much as run my computer. I restart my PC multiple times before I get on it, along with that I close unneeded applications (and background tasks) that take up CPU. I currently have about 8 gigabytes of ram within my PC so that shouldn't hurt me too much, but that still doesn't answer any questions as to why the program is eating up so much CPU. I have attempted to change settings to optimize it, however looking back on the first problem I've yet to succeed.

Please help!!!!!

image.png.4598f05dcb6b5cb5cd826d39b9e1ca36.png
Download Image

Try uninstalling Emsisoft, restarting your computer twice, and then re-installing Emsisoft.

What you are describing is not normal behaviour.

What operating system are you using?

Is this the first time you have used Emsisoft?

Did you have any other security type software?

On 4/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Cloud said:

The first thing I have, is my Emsisoft application will not allow me to change any of its settings even when it is ran as an administrator.

Are you logged in to your computer as an administrator? If not, then the only way around this is to log in as an administrator, and then set an administrator password in Emsisoft Anti-Malware so that you can unlock administrator functions from any account.

When you open Emsisoft Anti-Malware and go to the settings, you'll fine the option to set a password in the Permissions settings.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Cloud said:

The second thing is, is the Emsisoft Protection Service is consistently eating up 75% of my CPU every time I so much as run my computer.

This can be caused by more than one thing (one possibility is other security software on the computer). For now I think stapp was correct to recommend reinstalling to see if that helps. You can download the online installer from the following link:
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/download/

Or if you prefer, you can download the MSI installer for your system at the following links:
32-bit: https://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup32.msi
64-bit: https://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup64.msi

Just be sure to restart your computer twice after uninstalling, that way any leftovers should be removed so that you can do a clean reinstall.