KathyJ

Renewal screen comes up at startup and I have a lot of days left

Now each time I start up my computer, a renewal screen comes up with choices of Change license, renewal, and other things even showing my license number. I have to go through the process as if I had just entered the license number even though I still have 200 something days left before it is time to renew. This is getting old. For years, I did not have problems with this software and now all of a sudden, it seems like it is making up "for lost time". How do I stop this?

I have been having the same issue recently. For what it's worth. my internet connection takes 1-2 minutes to start up upon boot up. The licence window appears every other reboot now. If internet connectivity is present, I can close the window and restart the app, otherwise it fails to start. Rather annoying behavior.

Does the following help resolve the issue?

1. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Restart your computer twice.
  3. Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

23 hours ago, GT500 said:

Does the following help resolve the issue?

1. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Restart your computer twice.
  3. Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

As it turned out, I didn't have to do this. For some strange reason, it must have fixed itself. There was several times I rebooted and got the renewal screen. I didn't do anything different than I had been doing and it suddenly stopped on it's own. I don't know why but I'm glad it did. Now if my other problem would fix itself, I would be happy!

This may have been fixed by some changes we made to our licensing system, however it's also possible that a simple restart of the computer resolved it. If you ever encounter the problem again, then try restarting the computer again, and let me know if that helps.

1 hour ago, GT500 said:

This may have been fixed by some changes we made to our licensing system, however it's also possible that a simple restart of the computer resolved it. If you ever encounter the problem again, then try restarting the computer again, and let me know if that helps.

It's not doing it now but when it did, it was doing it after several restarts. I was like you, I thought maybe restarting it would help it but it didn't. It's still working as it should now. Maybe it will keep it up.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:41 PM, GT500 said:

The issue went away for me the same fashion. Before it happened I did reboot my system a few times and every single time it reoccurred. Not sure why and how the problem got resolved but everything appears to be fine now :)

22 minutes ago, xemex said:

Not sure why and how the problem got resolved but everything appears to be fine now :)

I'm fairly certain it was due to some changes we made to our systems. If it happens again, then please be sure to let me know.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, xeon said:

Same here, after every restart. Windows 7 64.

Any possibility of debug logs?

The option is in advanced settings now, in case you aren't already aware that it's been moved.

image.png
Download Image

Could have been an issue communicating with our servers then. If you encounter the issue again, then see if you can get us debug logs so that I can ask QA to look into it.