davednh

Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780

I have a clean insyall of windows 10 1809 and have installed emisoft. Everytime I start windows, in the event viewer it comes up with 'Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780'  event ID17.  This will also occur if I put emisoft into silent mode, disable any of the components  or pause mode. I have unistalled and reinstall emisoft.  Windows security reconises emisoft as virus protection program.  I noticed in your forum this topic was posted at about october, november 2018 but could not see any results to this query. Is this a normal event that can be ignored or is there a fix.

When shutting down windows fully and starting up windows again I also get this in event viewer  'DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service SecurityHealthService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {2D15188C-D298-4E10-83B2-64666CCBEBBD}  '

5 hours ago, davednh said:

... 'Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780'  event ID17.

This is either a bug in Windows 10 1809, or some new logging that Microsoft added. It happens with every other Anti-Virus software we tested with, and it doesn't cause any problems.

5 hours ago, davednh said:

'DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service SecurityHealthService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {2D15188C-D298-4E10-83B2-64666CCBEBBD}  '

DCOM errors like that are completely normal on Windows 10. See this screenshots from my Windows 10 x64 1809 Virtual Machine (only things installed are Windows Updates, VMware Tools, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Vivaldi):

image.png
Download Image

image.png
Download Image