caretechit

CLOSED Cloud Console Migrate Clients from EEC

Hello,

We have a large number of clients currently connected to an on-prem EEC instance. We've done a small pilot and are seriously looking at moving all of them to ECC in the near future. I have a couple of topics to discuss:

1. We have discovered that on existing clients, if the user navigates to Settings and clicks on "Connect to MyEmsisoft", they are automatically connected and show up in the Workspace almost immediately. Neat!

• I assume it knows to connect to the workspace because the license key in their software is attached to that workspace. Can I get confirmation on that?
  • We have command line access to almost all of the computers and they are using that same key. Is there a command that we can push to the computers en masse that will disconnect them from EEC and connect them to ECC basically to simulate them pressing the "Connect to MyEmsisoft" button?

2. It seems that the "Alternative message or URL for news section" policy in ECC isn't applying to clients put into that policy group. All the other policies appear to be applying properly. Wondering if there are some character or length limitations or maybe a bug?

Thanks!

Hi Charlie,

16 hours ago, caretechit said:

I assume it knows to connect to the workspace because the license key in their software is attached to that workspace. Can I get confirmation on that?

yes, but that will be changed in a next EAM version.

We have command line access to almost all of the computers and they are using that same key. Is there a command that we can push to the computers en masse that will disconnect them from EEC and connect them to ECC basically to simulate them pressing the "Connect to MyEmsisoft" button?

Yes, we will provide 2 easy ways to connect existing installs.

One thing i need to stress is that a workspace must be seen as a customer area. That means that you can connect the devices of 1 customer to 1 workspace. You will have to contact our sales team to split your existing key into keys per customer.
For security and permission related reasons, the architecture of the Cloud Console allows one license per workspace/customer.

2. It seems that the "Alternative message or URL for news section" policy in ECC isn't applying to clients put into that policy group. All the other policies appear to be applying properly. Wondering if there are some character or length limitations or maybe a bug?

please note that Cloud Console is in beta stage, so bugs are expected. We will check and fix when needed. thanks !

Thanks