Sign in to follow this  
ahuman

Firefox blocked by Emsisoft Behavior Blocker

The Emsisoft behavior blocker won't let me open Firefox and I can't find the blocked setting anywhere in the behavior blocker list. I have to disable it completely to even open Firefox. Now I have to reestablish all my settings again because I tried to reset it thinking it was a Firefox problem. It gave some kind of code injection message when it happened. I also can't seem to install the Emsisoft addon but Noscript etc. can still be installed normally. What's going on?

This is the log message: It says "Quarantined by user" in the list but I did nothing and there are no files in the quarantine.

05/05/2019 10:04:56 PM
Behavior Blocker detected suspicious behavior "CodeInjector" of C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\updated\firefox.exe

Edit: I looked up the Emsisoft addon in Firefox and was able to reinstall it that way. Behavior blocker still messed up though.

I missed the post lower down about this issue. Cleaned out temp files, restarted and everything works again.

17 hours ago, ahuman said:

05/05/2019 10:04:56 PM
Behavior Blocker detected suspicious behavior "CodeInjector" of C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\updated\firefox.exe

This can happen when Firefox updates, and the installer for the new version gets moved or deleted faster than the Behavior Blocker can read its digital signature.

The update was probably version 66.0.4, which was released to resolve the disabled extension issue:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

This behavior is not limited to a certain Firefox version. It's happen very often. EMSI is breaking Firefox installations when an Firefox update is running.

Not always and everywhere. But you end up with PCs without a working firefox every few weeks.

6 hours ago, jedsiem said:

Not always and everywhere. But you end up with PCs without a working firefox every few weeks.

Firefox updates work fine on most computers (including my own).

If you can anticipate when it will happen, you can try getting us some debug logs.

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click Advanced in the menu at the top.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced section, and change the option for Debug logging to Enabled for 1 day.
  5. After that, close the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window.
  6. Reproduce the issue you are having (allow Firefox to update).
  7. Once you have reproduced the issue, open Emsisoft Anti-Malware again.
  8. Click on the little icon in the lower-left (right above the question mark) that looks like little chat bubbles.
  9. Click on the button that says Send an email.
  10. Select the logs on the right that show today's dates (if you try to send too many logs, then we may not receive them).
  11. Fill in the e-mail contact form with your name, your e-mail address, and a description of what the logs are for (if possible please leave a link to the topic on the forums that the logs are related to in your message).
  12. If you have any screenshots or another file that you need to send with the logs, then you can click the Attach file button at the bottom (only one file can be attached at a time).
  13. Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.

Important: Please be sure to turn debug logging back off after sending us the logs. There are some negative effects to having debug logging turned on, such as reduced performance and wasting hard drive space, and it is not recommended to leave debug logging turned on for a long period of time unless it is necessary to collect debug logs.