Cube

Demo without email registration

Hello guys,

I had posted this before but I can't find the thread, seams deleted. Anyway, we are installing EAM on every PC that goes through our door. It gives people the opportunity to check your product and us to make a sale a month after the customer left our shop. Unfortunately some months back you decided that in order to activate a demo licence you need to provide create an account using an email. People generally are reluctant to have you create an account on their behalf or they do not want to give you their email to try a product they might not like after all. So I would like to ask if we can have a version (as partners) that would allow us to activate a demo license without the account creation etc.

Thanks in advance!

(I remember reading your question the last time you posted it - you're right, it definitely used to be here!   Emsisoft have reorganised the forums a few times recently, and there's been at least one restore when the whole system got corrupted.  Maybe your previous post got lost then.)

12 hours ago, Cube said:

I had posted this before but I can't find the thread, seams deleted. Anyway, we are installing EAM on every PC that goes through our door. It gives people the opportunity to check your product and us to make a sale a month after the customer left our shop. Unfortunately some months back you decided that in order to activate a demo licence you need to provide create an account using an email. People generally are reluctant to have you create an account on their behalf or they do not want to give you their email to try a product they might not like after all. So I would like to ask if we can have a version (as partners) that would allow us to activate a demo license without the account creation etc.

This is a question best handled by our partner support. My recommendation is to send an e-mail to either partner@emsisoft.com or support@emsisoft.com and someone from our partner support team will be happy to explain any partner-specific details about how our system works.

EMSI moves into the direction of the other Softwareproviders.  Differentiating price model between home and enterprise. 30day trial only via account.  Getting direct user contact via enduser accounts. Other AVs have done that before. As long as you're not a pure reseller, but let' your customers pay for the support it's fine. The promotion aspect might be  no longer worth offering a free 30day option without account.

EMSI will look at the stats of conversion rate. I would be surprised to see 30day Trialkeys for reseller soon.

13 hours ago, jedsiem said:

As long as you're not a pure reseller, but let' your customers pay for the support it's fine.

I would believe that customers of resellers are handled differently. If you're a reseller, then please contact our partner support team for more information about how we handle things for resellers.