Sign in to follow this  
Matiu

Emsisoft disabled

Good afternoon,

The Security Center of Windows tells me that both Emsisoft and Windows Defender are disabled.

I tried to activate Emsisoft but nothing happened.

Then I tried to remove Emsisoft thinking that reinstalling it could be better but I got this message : "Messages file "C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\unins000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program."

What can I do?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Matiu

Hello Matiu,

Are you using Windows 10 64 bit?

Have you tried restarting your machine?

Was Emsisoft running okay and working before this problem happened?

If you open Emsisoft and click on ''About'' at the bottom right-hand side of the screen what version number does it say you are running?

Please try downloading Emsiclean from this link (save it on your Desktop) and follow the instructions below.

1. Right-click on the Emsiclean file you saved on your Desktop, select Extract All, and click the Extract button in the lower right.
    • Note: If you have 7-Zip, WinRar, etc. then you can use those to extract the Emsiclean files instead.
  2. Open EmsiClean64, and if you get a message about it not being compatible with your computer or not being able to run on your PC then open EmsiClean32 instead.
  3. When running Emsiclean, you will first be presented with a disclaimer. You will need to accept this disclaimer to continue.
  4. Emsiclean will scan your computer for leftovers after the uninstall, and give you the option to remove what it finds. Please do not allow it to remove anything at this time.
  5. In the lower-right corner will be a button that says Close Emsisoft Clean. Click on that button to close the program without making any changes to your computer.
  6. Emsiclean will save a log on your desktop as it closes (it may take a moment for the log file to appear). Please attach the log you saved on your desktop to a reply.

Good morning,

Excuse me, I didn't notice that you answered so fast!

Here goes the scan result:

* Scanning for traces of supported Emsisoft products *

Service/Driver:
  a2antimalware (C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2service.exe)
  epp (C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMSISOFT ANTI-MALWARE\epp.sys)

NDIS driver:

Context Menu Handler:
  C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMSISOFT ANTI-MALWARE\a2contmenu.dll
  C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMSISOFT ANTI-MALWARE\A2CONTMENU64.DLL

Registry:
  Emsisoft Protection Platform Configuration

Folder:
  C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\

EppDisk:
  C:\Windows\system32\drivers\eppdisk.sys, eppdisk entry in "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\\UpperFilters", EPPDisk service

Scan finished!

The version is Windows 7 Pro 64.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Matiu

That log shows that it is safe to use Emsiclean to remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Please run Emsiclean again, making sure to select everything in the list, and then click the button to remove selected items. Please be sure to allow your computer to be restarted after doing this.

Note that since Emsisoft Anti-Malware could not be uninstalled normally before running Emsiclean, that it may not be able to completely remove everything on the first attempt. After your computer restarts, be sure to run Emsiclean again and if it finds anything that wasn't removed then allow it to remove them and restart your computer again. Do this as many times as necessary, until Emsiclean reports that no traces have been found.

After your computer has restarted, you may download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the link below:
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/download/