Win 10 pro 1903 via autoupdater and a restart.

No issues so far.

On a different 1903 machine via autoupdater I saw this. I didn't see it on my other machine (that one has dark mode for slides.)

Annotation 2019-05-28 152329.jpg
Download Image

On Win 8.1, I got a dark version of this "remind me again" screen.   I was busy doing something else so didn't look very close, though I did see some sort of text bleeding through the area to the right of the "1h" part.    I also tried clicking the drop-down arrow, and there was only one option "1 hour".

that remind me again thing is a little gui bug that sits in version 2019.4 and is fixed in 2019.5.

Pls note that 2019.4 requires the restart.

2 minutes ago, Frank H said:

Pls note that 2019.4 requires the restart.

We noticed :)

Was hard to miss.  I saw the same thing as Stapp on my win 7 machine.

My win 10    Pro 1903 VM updated fine.

I saw something strange on one machine.  Am watching.   I got a pop up saying I need to install a windows update for compatibility.  I checked in windows update and didn't see the kb mentioned  but I brought the machine current.  Got the popup again so this time so this time I downloaded the KB from the catalog.   WHen I went to install it I got a message that this machine didn't need that update.   Hmm

@Peter2150 hi,

We implemented this check for Windows 7 & 2008 R2 machines only.

Can you start CMD as admion and run this command:

wmic QFE list full > c:\info.txt

and pls send me that file ?

thanks

Peter, you know that MS sometimes re-issue updated versions of some updates, with the same KB number as earlier versions? 

Eg: KB890830 comes around every month (the MSRT).    But it does happen also with fixes they rework.

@peter2150 does EAm still warn you to install that KB or is all fine now

Hi Frank

It's far from all fine.   I waa seeing a strange artifact on reboot.  System brought to a halt by very heavy disk activity that last almost a minute plus.  Turns out it was trustedinstaller.exe and it was scrolling thru all the install KB's.   When I killed it I then got the EAM compatibility alert.  Using autoruns i blocked all the EAM components from loading at boot and now all is well.

Pete

Hi Frank

I am seeing the notice every morning on the other machine, but that doesn't get rebooted often so it's not as much of a bother.   Let me know if you need somthing tested before release.

Pete

@Peter2150 we have just released Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2019.5.0.9476 beta which includes improvements regarding the KB4474419  check.

The KB should now correctly be detected.

Initial test looks good.    Have to update the other machine and live with it a day.

Thanks guys

EAM performs the check at program startup, so if you won't see it the first time, you'll never see it ;=)

Hi Frank

Spoke to soon.  Only change I am seeing is now if I kill trusted installed.  Honestly I am kind of disappointed in that there could have  been a much better solution.  Let me give you an example.

1.  Test for a special file in the emsisoft area.

2. If it is not there then run the scan first alerting the user you are going to do so and that it's a one time thing

3. If the KB is present generate the file I mentioned above.  If the KB isn't there either download the KB for the user or at least give him a link.

4. If the special file is there your done.  The special file doesn't have do contain anything.

Pete

Thanks for your feedback Pete. 
We have to check each time EAM starts as users can delete installed KB's.
When we 'assume', because we set some tag  somewhere, that the KB is installed and just start EAM, it will just stop working, as this KB is a mandatory, rendering user's system unprotected. which is a no go.

Okay, thanks for explaining.  But isn't there a simpler way of checking.  That sure is resource intensive at boot.