Beta 9469

Peter2150

On Win 8.1, I got a dark version of this "remind me again" screen.   I was busy doing something else so didn't look very close, though I did see some sort of text bleeding through the area to the right of the "1h" part.    I also tried clicking the drop-down arrow, and there was only one option "1 hour".

I saw something strange on one machine.  Am watching.   I got a pop up saying I need to install a windows update for compatibility.  I checked in windows update and didn't see the kb mentioned  but I brought the machine current.  Got the popup again so this time so this time I downloaded the KB from the catalog.   WHen I went to install it I got a message that this machine didn't need that update.   Hmm

Hi Frank

It's far from all fine.   I waa seeing a strange artifact on reboot.  System brought to a halt by very heavy disk activity that last almost a minute plus.  Turns out it was trustedinstaller.exe and it was scrolling thru all the install KB's.   When I killed it I then got the EAM compatibility alert.  Using autoruns i blocked all the EAM components from loading at boot and now all is well.

Pete

Hi Frank

Spoke to soon.  Only change I am seeing is now if I kill trusted installed.  Honestly I am kind of disappointed in that there could have  been a much better solution.  Let me give you an example.

1.  Test for a special file in the emsisoft area.

2. If it is not there then run the scan first alerting the user you are going to do so and that it's a one time thing

3. If the KB is present generate the file I mentioned above.  If the KB isn't there either download the KB for the user or at least give him a link.

4. If the special file is there your done.  The special file doesn't have do contain anything.

Pete

Thanks for your feedback Pete. 
We have to check each time EAM starts as users can delete installed KB's.
When we 'assume', because we set some tag  somewhere, that the KB is installed and just start EAM, it will just stop working, as this KB is a mandatory, rendering user's system unprotected. which is a no go.