Pueblo One

Second License

I have used Online Armor Paid Version for almost two years. I am happy with the product; nothing bad has reached my computer.

Recently, I was given a second computer, a NetBook. I have two questions:

Does my license let me use the product on two computers? If not how much would the second license cost? Renewal for the license is listed as $29.99.

Second - I plan to install a dual operating system on the second computer (Windows 7 and Linux). The long-term goal would be to learn Linux. How will this affect the use of Online Armor?

Thank you.

Second - I plan to install a dual operating system on the second computer (Windows 7 and Linux). The long-term goal would be to learn Linux. How will this affect the use of Online Armor?

Thank you.

Hi PuebloEastSideOne.

OA can support your Windows 7 system, but not your Linux system. Currently, I can alternatively boot up my Ubuntu system off an external drive. You are probably thinking of booting off a Linux system from a separate partition of your internal drive. In any cases, all of this should be feasible and should not interfere with your usage of OA.

Does my license let me use the product on two computers? If not how much would the second license cost? Renewal for the license is listed as $29.99.

If you have a multi-user license you can use it on 3 or 5 computers (depending on which option you purchased). Regular licenses are single computer use only though. Prices can be found here http://www.online-armor.com/buynow.php :) It varies depending on edition and subscription length as well as number of users.

on the same machine? are you sure?

It was like that back when I dualbooted myself and have been like that every time the question has come up since then - so unless Emsisoft has decided to change this, the user would require two licenses for that setup.

Martin.

It was like that back when I dualbooted myself and have been like that every time the question has come up since then - so unless Emsisoft has decided to change this, the user would require two licenses for that setup.

Martin.

Thanks, Martin. I didn't know how it works because I use the free version. However I had supposed that a single license was for a single machine and not for a single OS.