Sign in to follow this  
PeZzy

Forced Subscription

My license expiry is soon and when I tried to renew, it forces me to do a subscription. I used Paypal and 2Checkout declined the card used with Paypal, yet there are now there are 11 pending transactions on my credit card and it is increasing by 1 every 5 minutes. I suspect the subscription with Paypal failed and now it is automatically retrying.

Why am I forced into a subscription and the buggy 2Checkout?

[EDIT]

I called 2Checkout and they cancelled the transaction which seems to have stopped the retries, but they are blaming Paypal.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, PeZzy said:

Why am I forced into a subscription ...

We consider the subscription a matter of convenience (not needing to worry about when your license needs to be renewed). If you want to cancel renewal of your subscription at any time, all you have to do is contact our sales team (sales@emsisoft.com) and let them know. Note that they may need to confirm your payment method before canceling your subscription.

Why am I forced into ... the buggy 2Checkout?

2Checkout is our payment processor, and to my knowledge has been reasonably reliable. I would believe that all customer payments for our online store have been handled through 2Checkout for around 8 or 9 months now.

I called 2Checkout and they cancelled the transaction which seems to have stopped the retries, but they are blaming Paypal.

Have you contacted PayPal to see if they know what happened? Since PayPal is the one directly handling access to your credit card in this case, they may be better able to tell you what went wrong.