Abyss2020

My laptop is effected with .pumax file extension.

My laptop is effected with .pumax file extension. I want to recover all files without formating hard disk.Which software will help me for this trouble

Hello

This is the result of the STOP Ransomware attack. I have been tracking the malicious work of this program since December 2017. The malware variant of STOP ransomware, which has been encrypted files and added the Pumax extension to them, was active in November-December 2018.
Now on the forum a lot of victims from different variants of this Ransomware. In some cases, the files can be decrypted. 

@Demonslay335  (the developer of the STOPDecrypter) collects information from the victims, writes data and tries to update the STOP Decrypter. After that, victims can try to decrypt the files. A positive result and a lucky chance are not always possible.

Download STOP Decrypter >>>

First try to decrypt a small group of files, only  make copies of them before this. 

The .pumax variant is 100% decryptable if you follow the instructions in the README.txt and provide it an encrypted file and its original. Don't bother with the ID and MAC, I don't need to archive those for that variant.

• Upvote 1