lucaStronks

"Report this site as dangerous" option in Emsisoft Browser Security broken in Firefox

Like the title says, the "Report this site as dangerous" option in the Emsisoft Browser Security add-on for Firefox is broken. After clicking it, it doesn't indicate that it has been clicked. I don't know if it's just a missing animation or if it actually doesn't submit the site. (If it does still actually submit the site, but it just doesn't show an animation, I apologize for spam clicking it on the same website multiple times in the hopes of seeing visual feedback.)

As far as I know it doesn't work in any recent version of Firefox. I have tried it on the latest stable release of Firefox, and the Nightly version of Firefox. I have checked to see if the extension works in Chrome, and it does.

I've forwarded this to QA so that they can look at it.

Out of curiosity, you had this issue with Firefox 68, as well as various versions of Firefox 67?

7 hours ago, GT500 said:

I've forwarded this to QA so that they can look at it.

Out of curiosity, you had this issue with Firefox 68, as well as various versions of Firefox 67?

That's correct. I think it started happening in Firefox 67 or 66, but I'm not sure exactly. Right now I'm using Firefox Nightly 70.0a1. I've already had this issue for a little while. Also note that I "refreshed" Firefox stable, to test if it wasn't some sort of incompatibility with other add-ons or something. The issue persists in a fresh Firefox install.

I've confirmed the issue, at least on Windows 7 x86 and x64, and informed QA about it.

Hi, any update on this?

As of now the issue persists, which is a shame, because I am unable to submit malicious websites I come across.

If you need more information on this issue, I'm willing to help in any way I can.

It does not appear to have been fixed, however that option appears to have been removed from the Chrome version of the extension (actually it's just hidden for certain trusted websites). I'll ask QA about it.

Note: The Chromium version of the extension seems to work fine, and this is the result of clicking on the "Report this site as dangerous" link:

image.png
Download Image

My experience is that it indeed works in Chrome, like in your screenshot, however in Firefox browsers this is what it looks like after clicking it. (It does not change.)

image.png.3b8aac5130cdc0d134dc89e146f99c3c.png
Download Image

Note that all other features of the extension work as intended

21 hours ago, lucaStronks said:

... however in Firefox browsers this is what it looks like after clicking it. (It does not change.)

That's been my experience as well, and that's what I've reported to QA.