RandallS

Feature Request: Color code taskbar balloons

(I couldn't find a forum section specifically for feature requests, so I'm placing this in the general OA support forum)

I have my OA preferences set to alert me about outgoing traffic via the taskbar balloons. When these pop up, I must read them in order to determine the type of traffic that is occurring. What would in my view be a very nice enhancement would be to have the background color of these balloons vary according to whether the traffic destination is the intranet or the internet. Perhaps a light green background for intranet traffic, and a light yellow or red background for internet traffice. In this way, I could determine at a glance whether the activity warrants a closer look.

I hope you will give this consideration, and thank you for a fine and reasonably priced product.

1. Online Armor Wish-list thread is a good idea. Maybe moderators could rename and stick this one ? :)

2. Windows Balloon tooltips coming from notification area are controlled -AFAIK- by system and font used there or tooltip color can't be changed by application itself. Maybe if application could create it's own tooltips... but I don't know if it's possible and how much work it could take to implement it.

Hi Randalls,

In order to limit some of your applications from reaching the outside world, you will have to make some endpoint restrictions in your Firewall Rules (advanced mode) for the applications in question.

Martin.

Hi Randalls,

In order to limit some of your applications from reaching the outside world, you will have to make some endpoint restrictions in your Firewall Rules (advanced mode) for the applications in question.

Martin.

I understand and have endpoint restrictions in place, but since I have failed to attain omniscience (at least according to others <_< ), I may have trouble anticipating all possible traffic and feel I might benefit from such an aid.

.. but since I have failed to attain omniscience ..

So you didn´t get everything that you wrote on that list to Santa ?? ;)

On Topic:

Just so you are aware - if you create a rule for some program, then it will be allowed to use that port/protocol/direction for any destination, unless you also set a endpoint restriction.

Therefore a colourcode will not do much good if you are creating firewall rules according to them.

An example might be that you get a prompt from OA about a mediaplayer wants to access a file on your NAS on your LAN - you allow and create a rule, since you got this green prompt (because it was LAN traffic)

But unless you then setup a endpoint restriction afterwards, then this mediaplayer will then also be allowed to use that rule you just created to gain access to WAN (as long as it still uses same port - or any port if you have OA set to autoconfigure rules)

So not sure of how much use such colour codes would be in daily use.

Martin.