I updated again and now am on 9621. All seems okay.

The GUI was open during the update, first it said it need an application restart, then after that it said it needed a system restart.

Capture.PNG
Download Image

thanks.

yes that's the way it should work for this update.

EAM updates, then performs a check and if required it asks for the system restart.

Another application restart requested after the last update. Was it due to the 3 files in the update? Proxy.exe etc.

35 minutes ago, Frank H said:

a new proxy.exe requires an app restart.

Okay.

Like Stapp I had to do two application restarts and a reboot between them.    That's wildly unusual.   I don't see why "a new proxy.exe requires an app restart" is the answer to this - why wasn't it shipped to us before the reboot?  The whole system restarted then.

Thanks for your feedback dear testers. :thumbs:

After an unusual short period for a beta release , we just have released 2019.7.0.9621 as stable.

Most important new feature is the Relay proxy feature, which can be enabled in Emsisoft Cloud Console.

https://help.emsisoft.com/en/2639/reducing-network-traffic-with-the-built-in-relay-feature-cache-proxy/

@JeremyNicoll such effects can be expected when you are on a beta feed.

Stable release will just require an app restart or app restart+reboot.

Am I correct in assuming these are actually Emisoft servers and not servers leased by Emsisoft but operated by a third party

> Am I correct in assuming these are actually Emisoft servers

I don't think so.   GT500 fairly often refers to "CDNs" when people ask about problems with updates.   You'd hardly expect Emsisoft to run servers all over the world when CDNs can do that for them.

I want to here from them.  If they aren't theirs then they aren't trust worthy.   Ask Quickbooks Online users about how they feel now.

6 hours ago, Peter2150 said:

Am I correct in assuming these are actually Emisoft servers and not servers leased by Emsisoft but operated by a third party

What is the context here ?

The context is something like  happened to Quickbooks  Online, where no one knew they were hosted by a third party until the hosting party was hit with a ransomware attack and users were locked out for almost a week.

21 hours ago, Frank H said:

Our updates are distributed via CDN.

Okay after a little homework I get it.   Next question how secure are they.  Apologies is this seems like nit picking, but I need to know.