AlexM

oasrv.exe error

I keep getting an error that reads "The instruction at '0x0000000f' referenced memory at '0x0000000f'. The memory could not be 'read'." After this error the browser freezes. Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm using Windows XP SP3 and Online Armor 4.5. Thanks.

I keep getting an error that reads "The instruction at '0x0000000f' referenced memory at '0x0000000f'. The memory could not be 'read'." After this error the browser freezes. Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm using Windows XP SP3 and Online Armor 4.5. Thanks.

Hi Alex,

Which browser are you using ? This error occurs when you launch your browser ? Do you run it in runsafer mode ?

Any other security apps installed ?

Regards,

MaB

Does this bug happens every time you run browser ? Does it happen with different programs? If you exit OA (Close and shutdown Online Armor in right-click menu of OA tray icon) does this stops above problem ?

The memory could not be 'read' error could mean that there is something wrong with your memory stick(s), there are programs out there to test memory for errors, but let's leave it as a last resort.

I keep getting the same issue, very often "...instruction 0x00489cda referenced memory 0x00000064", sometimes other memory adr. The puter is often freezing, but not everytime, like just now. I could register on this forum and are on the net. But there is a nice B) green frame around any active window

As far as I remember problems stated after I've installed FireFox 4.0, but I'm not sure. Couse other issues running FF 4 I did disable lota addons and aps. Pls help. I'v been happy to run OA for a long time and hope to continue.

I keep getting the same issue, very often "...instruction 0x00489cda referenced memory 0x00000064", sometimes other memory adr. The puter is often freezing, but not everytime, like just now. I could register on this forum and are on the net. But there is a nice B) green frame around any active window

As far as I remember problems stated after I've installed FireFox 4.0, but I'm not sure. Couse other issues running FF 4 I did disable lota addons and aps. Pls help. I'v been happy to run OA for a long time and hope to continue.

Is the problem only occuring when Firefox is running?

No, it's not. It always happend just upon the win startup sequence when the last in turn - I guess - apps, SuperAntiSpyware, is loaded. It could be a collision with Sofonica Folder Soldier, but I'm in doubt.

I'v e notice, that the oasrv.exe error comes more often if I'm waiting to log on on win efter some time delay.

I didn't get mail on your replay. Have I forgotten somthing on my profile setup?

No, it's not. It always happend just upon the win startup sequence when the last in turn - I guess - apps, SuperAntiSpyware, is loaded. It could be a collision with Sofonica Folder Soldier, but I'm in doubt.

I'v e notice, that the oasrv.exe error comes more often if I'm waiting to log on on win efter some time delay.

Are you running the free or the paid version of SuperAntiSpyware? Have you excluded SuperAntiSpyware in OA and done the same for OA in SuperAntiSpyware?

I didn't get mail on your replay. Have I forgotten somthing on my profile setup?

You can click the "Watch topic" button at the top of this thread, to the right. The method of notification is controlled in your user settings by clicking your name in the upper right corner of the forum, choosing "My Settings".

I'm running free version of SuperAntiSpyware. Now I have excluded OA in SuperAntiSpyware and will keep an eye on the start procedure.

I have had this same error mssg at least 3-4 times over the last 2 months (so it's only an occasional annoyance) using MSN 10 and/or IE 8 browser at the time, FF installed but was not open at the time. The latest occurance today my son was playing an online game (Disney Toontown) and when he clicked "OK to terminate program" his game continued to work OK but when useing the web later had to reboot PC, same as before, reboot required to return to normal operation. Any ideas? Emsisoft tech support had me send a Hijack this log and said all looked OK, "maybe a conflict with Webroot Spysweeper".

I have had this same error mssg at least 3-4 times over the last 2 months (so it's only an occasional annoyance) using MSN 10 and/or IE 8 browser at the time, FF installed but was not open at the time. The latest occurance today my son was playing an online game (Disney Toontown) and when he clicked "OK to terminate program" his game continued to work OK but when useing the web later had to reboot PC, same as before, reboot required to return to normal operation. Any ideas? Emsisoft tech support had me send a Hijack this log and said all looked OK, "maybe a conflict with Webroot Spysweeper".

It would be a good idea to start your own thread and also provide the information requested here http://support.emsis...pport-requests/ :)

I see this error occasionally myself, but it isn't browser related. I see it when I get to the Welcome Screen in XP Pro SP3. Irrating part is it's totally random.

Pete