iammike

Eventvwr Errors (FYI)

Guys,

yesterday I got back home after 1,5 week trip and EAM updated to a newer version and EAM asked for a Reboot

Immediately after that I received dozens and dozens errors in my Eventvwr (application log)

Error while updating status to SECURITY PRODUCT STATE ON (Event ID is 16)

One solution said to stop and start WMI which I did, and the errors went away, but as soon as I manually scanned for Updates in EAM the Eventvwr again filled with Dozens errors

Another error I saw was : Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780. (Event ID 17)

I then removed EAM and reinstalled it and now it seems to be quiet again in eventvwr ;)

No idea what was going on and if the problem went away but I will keep monitoring the Logs ;)

Ps: Forgot, Running Windows 10, 1903

Thx @stapp

Question please, after the update (and the error) do you get this in the Eventvwr ?

Updated Emsisoft Anti-Malware status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON. (Event ID 15)

Edit: Forced an update and also get the  Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780. (Event ID 17) error

On 8/2/2019 at 3:57 AM, iammike said:

Error while updating status to SECURITY PRODUCT STATE ON (Event ID is 16)

It's entirely possible to have problems with the Security Center, and the only real fix is to re-register the Anti-Virus with the Security Center. In theory the option labeled "Windows Security Center integration" in EAM's advanced settings would have fixed it if toggled off and back on (possibly with a restart of the computer before turning it back on).