jamjar

'View details' button in Logs

I’ve just noticed that clicking on the ‘View details’ button in Logs no longer opens a report detailing information on a finished scan.

It opens a report detailing information on ‘Scan started’ but not on ‘Scan finished’.

Anyone else experiencing this?

yes, I have the same problem - well spotted.

for info, while checking this, I tried to access the Scan Finished details by viewing the details of a Scan Started log entry and then clicking on the Up button - this generated an exception in a2start.exe so I submitted a fault report via the form that popped up,

image.png.5267ffd5be335442c562004371107527.png
Download Image

View details works correctly on my machine. However my scan shows a detection (an eicar file I keep on my machine for testing scans)

Did yours have a detection? Just wondering if this was a clue :)

2 hours ago, stapp said:

View details works correctly on my machine. However my scan shows a detection (an eicar file I keep on my machine for testing scans)

Did yours have a detection? Just wondering if this was a clue :)

No, I don't have any detections.

What happens if you scan a single, clean file and then try to view the scan details of that ?

20 minutes ago, marko said:

What happens if you scan a single, clean file and then try to view the scan details of that ?

I can view the details if I do it immediately from the scan window (before closing the window)

However I cannot view the scan details from the logs GUI (forensics)

Nothing happens when I double click on it in the list whereas if I double click on 'scan started' I get the details.

I tend not to use the 'view details' button and just double click on the item in the logs list instead.

So it looks like there may be an issue here.

I've confirmed that you can't view details about a completed scan in the forensics log, and have reported it to QA.